***Official March Madness Thread***

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010

Just going to ignore the rest of the season? Cuz they looked ok for 2 games?

This isn’t even unique to Iowa, same could be said for ISU after big 12s

Amazing how quick everyone forgets they were getting housed by a superiorly athletic team and the only reason it was ever even close is because Vols tried the "let's take the air out of the ball" trick that never works. It will be the same lineup next year, so the same issues that caused Iowa to lose to Rutgers and Nebraska and get destroyed by any team with athleticism will still be there.

• Funny
Reactions: NoCreativity

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Was out watching the game Friday, some guy yells "Go Hawks!" at the end of our game.

I get it if you don't like ISU, but it's sad if your identity is that tied up in the rivalry. I certainly would never be compelled to shout "Go State!" after an Iowa loss.

My thinking is very simple, when they are winning, they are going to get the better instate recruits. The Foster kid from Osky, seems to be leaning towards ISU. Would hate to see him land up at Iowa because they went on a nice deep run in the tourney.

I root for two teams, ISU and whoever is playing Iowa. Does not matter who that team is, I hope Iowa crashes and burns in every sport. Screw this Iowa nice stuff, its either them or us. I choose ISU.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: CYCLNST8 and GTO

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
My thinking is very simple, when they are winning, they are going to get the better instate recruits. The Foster kid from Osky, seems to be leaning towards ISU. Would hate to see him land up at Iowa because they went on a nice deep run in the tourney.

I root for two teams, ISU and whoever is playing Iowa. Does not matter who that team is, I hope Iowa crashes and burns in every sport. Screw this Iowa nice stuff, its either them or us. I choose ISU.

They get the better Iowa kids no matter what. It does not speak highly of the intelligence level of an Iowa high school education, both by the kids and their parents. But it is what it is.

I could care less if Iowa gets the Iowa kids. But I do want Iowa to lose all their games.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Pff. He’ll be there. Cook is occasionally great & occasionally stupid. You can’t justify going early with that kind of inconsistency. I’d be more worried about Garza.
I agree with this. I'm not so sure they would have come back & beat Cinci if he hadn't gotten into foul trouble. Iowa looked WAY BETTER without him vs Cinci - that's why they were able to creep back within 5 before half - totally changed the game momentum.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

Well yeah, I don't mind when Iowa loses. But I'll just smile then move on to whatever else I need to do. You encounter a lot of these tavernhoks that don't seem to have a sense of purpose beyond the fact that they're on the Hawk side of an instate rivalry most of the country doesn't care about.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Only watched about 2 minutes of the game, but did someone say MadFran had another 'hold me back' moment?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Luke Maye has the look of a guy who has a psychotic break in his late 20s and just starts murdering people.

• Funny
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
They get the better Iowa kids no matter what. It does not speak highly of the intelligence level of an Iowa high school education, both by the kids and their parents. But it is what it is.

I could care less if Iowa gets the Iowa kids. But I do want Iowa to lose all their games.
Iowa kids seem to have more passion for the game than some of ours.

• Dislike
Reactions: SerenityNow

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Love to see Iowa come all the way back to tie the game up and take it to OT, then when their fans think that they are going to win the game. Tennessee kicks them in the nuts and their season is over. Turned out better than the first half blowout.

Iowa fans were laughing at us on Friday, enjoying the revenge of them going down today.
Yeah I know most fans would rather see a blowout and no effort, rather than a historical comeback and chance to win.

• Funny
Reactions: clonedude

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Iowa kids seem to have more passion for the game than some of ours.

I’m sure it does help that a few of them grew up cheering for the Hawks. Also helps that they are really good at flailing about wildly. That looks like effort.

• Agree
Reactions: Rural

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Yeah I know most fans would rather see a blowout and no effort, rather than a historical comeback and chance to win.

But in this case you saw both. How many Iowa fans LOVED ISU getting beat by OSU Friday night? Looking at their boards, I would say about 95%. Why should ISU fans be cheering Iowa when their fans are rooting against ISU? Make no sense at all to root for Iowa in anything.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron