FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Iowa State may not have an offensive identity at the moment, but at least it isn’t free throws. Yuck

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
SEC and ACC were the best. Big 12 wasn't great; lots of solid teams, but no one elite (except maybe Tech, but Elite is probably a stretch)

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
It’s a shame the refs gave Tennessee the game today. I wonder if Iowa will get an apology letter from the NCAA because of how biased the refs were in favor of Tennessee.

Right. What about the free three points Iowa got late in the game. Instead of down 5 with Tennessee getting the momentum, they get free throws to tie it. Iowa had plenty of calls go their way.

Tennessee thought the game was over at half and Iowa came out guns blazing. Tennessee was shell shocked. You could see it in their eyes most of the second half. But, Tennessee woke up and won. Clearly the better team.

Iowa had a nice season. What is that now, 3 tourney wins in 9 years? Good job Hawks. keep it up.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Terrible troll job.
Nah - it's a result of all that pent-up anger. Imagine if our team had gone 2 decades without making a Sweet 16, or a decade without winning a conference tourney 'Ship? A few in our fan base would probably also flock to their in-state rival's message board to try and talk "smack" - you know, it would probably be cathartic. Benji has had no experience the last decade, or two (if ever), of rooting for his favorite team past the second round of a conference or NCAA tourney. Of course, I'm not sure if his McDonald's night-shift crew has a rec-league team, so I may be getting ahead of myself. Also, he may be like the typical hokfan and turn his allegiance to any of the other Big 10 schools during the rest of the tourney. You know, since Iowa beat UM this year, if the Wolverines win the NCAA Tourney this year, Iowa will really be the de facto champion.

Jim Lahey

Nov 28, 2018
Nah - it's a result of all that pent-up anger. Imagine if our team had gone 2 decades without making a Sweet 16, or a decade without winning a conference tourney 'Ship? A few in our fan base would probably also flock to their in-state rival's message board to try and talk "smack" - you know, it would probably be cathartic. Benji has had no experience the last decade, or two (if ever), of rooting for his favorite team past the second round of a conference or NCAA tourney. Of course, I'm not sure if his McDonald's night-shift crew has a rec-league team, so I may be getting ahead of myself. Also, he may be like the typical hokfan and turn his allegiance to any of the other Big 10 schools during the rest of the tourney. You know, since Iowa beat UM this year, if the Wolverines win the NCAA Tourney this year, Iowa will really be the de facto champion.
A very unclassy post.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
A very unclassy post.
Judging by your avatar, I find it odd that you would be an expert on what is "classy." But I thank you for your input - I'll make sure I store that bit of wisdom in file 13.

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Right. What about the free three points Iowa got late in the game. Instead of down 5 with Tennessee getting the momentum, they get free throws to tie it. Iowa had plenty of calls go their way.

Tennessee thought the game was over at half and Iowa came out guns blazing. Tennessee was shell shocked. You could see it in their eyes most of the second half. But, Tennessee woke up and won. Clearly the better team.

Iowa had a nice season. What is that now, 3 tourney wins in 9 years? Good job Hawks. keep it up.

The Bohannon free throws were a make up call for the two bogus free throws Tennessee got the possession before. Every time Bohannon dribbled the ball, there was a Tennessee defender grabbing his jersey. So much for that “freedom of movement” emphasis.

Jim Lahey

Nov 28, 2018
Judging by your avatar, I find it odd that you would be an expert on what is "classy." But I thank you for your input - I'll make sure I store that bit of wisdom in file 13.
You’re welcome. It is a bit of a shock, but believe it or not I am an expert.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
To me the top teams in the Big 10, Mich, MSU and maybe Purdue are better teams than anyone in the Big 12. Kansas at the start of the year, before their big man was hurt could match up with any of those three schools. The rest of the conference it just depended on the night, and healthy you were. ISU looked great at times, and others, looked like an average team at best.

The big advantage the Big 10 has in an unbalanced schedule, when you only play say MSU once at home, that gives you a better chance for a win, than if you have to play them home and home. But when you go to their place, it really is next to impossible to win there.

Look at the Big 10 west in football, you have four teams all about the same talent level. The one that wins the west is the team that misses the better teams in the East of OSU, Mich, MSU and Penn. St. That is not possible in the Big 12, how would our record have looked it we could miss Oklahoma some years.
Just look at the ISU seasons under Dan M, we sucked when we had the OU, Texas, schedule, but put up good years when we missed them and got Baylor, aTM and OSU. Hell, Kansas did the exact same thing.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
Nice fan support Iowa. Lots of empty seats behind Iowa's bench compared to Tennessee's seems most Iowa fans come on CF instead. Nice!

Can’t afford to travel to Ohio to support team for a piddly tournament game. Their super bowl next year is in Ames and we know we sell out most of our games so tickets in Hilton are expensive. Gotta save up money.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

Jim Lahey

Nov 28, 2018
Can’t afford to travel to Ohio to support team for a piddly tournament game. Their super bowl next year is in Ames and we know we sell out most of our games so tickets in Hilton are expensive. Gotta save up money.
Lmaoooooooooooooo