General NCAA WBB Tourney Thread

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
UNI lost their opening round WNIT game at Minnesota, 91-75. It could have been far worse, considering they spotted the Gophers a 30-11 lead after the 1st quarter.

No other real surprises from yesterday other than FSU squeaking by Bucknell by 3 in Tallahassee.

Interesting information from geewago, to say the least!! Now I have to go digging for more in-depth dirt on this stuff...

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Big 12 really letting it's presence be known today. KST lays an ostrich omelet and TX literally gives the game away to a team that really didn't seem to want it.

Meanwhile BoxterCy your old Minnesota coach is cleaning house in Lubbock. Erin Grant is fired. Tidwell left. Both seemed to be pretty respected in Dalls and San Antonio HS coaching circles. Four players are transferring. So is this for the better or the worse.

Sherri Coale meanwhile cans two of her coaches but not the one she should have (her son). And of course Pellington transfers. Stay tuned.

Wow. Who are the four transferring from Tech? Any links on this news?

Last edited:
Reactions: acoustimac

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
UNI lost their opening round WNIT game at Minnesota, 91-75. It could have been far worse, considering they spotted the Gophers a 30-11 lead after the 1st quarter.

No other real surprises from yesterday other than FSU squeaking by Bucknell by 3 in Tallahassee.

Interesting information from geewago, to say the least!! Now I have to go digging for more in-depth dirt on this stuff...

When I went to UNI for the UNI - Illinois St. wbb game I had a chat with the guy doing TV for UNI who also is a high school classmate of mine. UNI had some big time injuries to key players this year.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
When I went to UNI for the UNI - Illinois St. wbb game I had a chat with the guy doing TV for UNI who also is a high school classmate of mine. UNI had some big time injuries to key players this year.

Interesting. I hadn't really heard anything about them since we didn't even play the Panthers this season. Pretty impressive that they got bit by the injury bug, yet still finished 3rd in the Valley and made the WNIT. It says a lot about Tanya's abilities.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Big 12 really letting it's presence be known today. KST lays an ostrich omelet and TX literally gives the game away to a team that really didn't seem to want it.

Meanwhile BoxterCy your old Minnesota coach is cleaning house in Lubbock. Erin Grant is fired. Tidwell left. Both seemed to be pretty respected in Dalls and San Antonio HS coaching circles. Four players are transferring. So is this for the better or the worse.

Sherri Coale meanwhile cans two of her coaches but not the one she should have (her son). And of course Pellington transfers. Stay tuned.

Tech can't get much worse than they have been in recent years. I don't think Stollings was much for stroking HS coaches egos here and some here in MN didn't like that but HS coaches aren't the power brokers they used to be. It's all AAU and national recruiting more than sucking up to local HS coaches. HS coaches are still influential as hell in football and it is Texas but this ain't football. Might be just what Tech needs as their remaining fans seem tied to the past. I never particularly liked Stollings when she was here, she ain't a naturally warm and likeable person but she did okay. She was pretty active in transfer recruiting while she was up north here.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines

Here is the release on Oklahoma coaching changes:
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211795197

Pellington transfer
https://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/c...cle_b618d770-4f96-54ec-926d-c9479a197bf3.html

Also mentioned in the Pellington article is walk-on Clary Donica who is transferring.

News at Ok. State - Braxtin Miller is considering a transfer.
https://wbbblog.com/2019/03/01/transfer-news-march-2019/

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Looking like this is one upset we don't want to see. Missouri State looks like a solid club while DePaul looks like they never played basketball before.

• Agree
Reactions: Buster28

tomvet

Aug 30, 2014
Looking like this is one upset we don't want to see. Missouri State looks like a solid club while DePaul looks like they never played basketball before.
Saw MS beat Drake a month ago - they are a very rough physical team. Expect to get beat up.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
ESPN (2) sucks...was hoping to catch the ISU game and instead they're showing the flipping Baylor game...which is going to be an abomination...they're already up 15-0.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Going to have to scrounge up a single ticket for Monday and roll down I-35 and catch the game. Any idea what time the game is going to be. 6:30 or 7?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron