Offence needs an overhaul

Ebarks

Mar 5, 2019
I am no basketball expert, but when the cyclone play a good defense we can't get to the rim. It seem like it take a spectacular effort to score inside off the dribble.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It just needs to be something better than a middle school offense I learned in 1993 in rural Iowa where basketball was an afterthought.

• Agree
Reactions: socalcy

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
All the TV personalities were talking about how this offense is soooooooo dangerous, but they weren't anywhere near as potent as most all of the other ISU tourney teams. LW can get to the rack, but the rest of the team seems to blindly just run into defenders in the paint, or into seams that just aren't there.

Anywho this team had a lot of youth and while I expected a tourney appearance, I only anticipated a 7-10 seed, and certainly no B12 tourney championship. Onward and Upward.

Yah know what every single ISU team in recent years could use? Tyrus freaking McGee.
The other day I was thinking how he was one deadly mofo. As good as Nazzy was, McGee was the man. I really miss Tyrus McGee in a Cyclone uniform. He was a special kind of sniper.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I think our assistant coaching staff needs an overhaul.

I don’t ever see anyone besides Kane open their mouth on the sidelines.

Robinson recruits ok. Still not sure what value Small brings.

Reactions: Dingus

Cyclones125

May 3, 2016
We were missing a big with ability to finish at the rim. Lard was really good last year in that role but seemed to regress and couldn't stay out of foul trouble this year. Jacobsen had some good games where he showed some post moves but was inconsistent and was slow to get up when he caught the ball under the basket. Depending on how the roster plays out, I could see Jacobson as a stretch 4 and Lard as the 5 in next years starting lineup. Assuming MJ, Lard, Conditt, and Solo are still here we should play 2 bigs most of the time just based off roster construction.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: Dingus and HouClone
L

LincolnWay187

We lived and died by our outside shooting. I know that sounds like basic basketball. But we had no rebounding, limited inside play, and an average defense.
Yet we have guys like tht and wiggington that can penetrate to the rim pretty well

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Offense is fine. What we are missing is defensive toughness. Someone with an attitude like Hogue or Kane would have done wonders for this team.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
We actually lack athleticism and it can show on either end.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron