*** Official Ohio State Vs #24 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

cyLKUIF

Jun 3, 2016
If SP left for bama I would be happy. Bring back Fred. I wish Shayok wasn’t a senior. Will be tough to watch without him. Sigh

• Disagree
Reactions: aauummm

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This has already been established. There is no way to know at this point. If you are asking if we can all look around the country and find a coach that is more proactive than Prohm, I don't think it will be hard to do.

Than who if it's not hard? I'm not saying Csp is the guy...next sesson needs to have at least some sort of identity.

But there needs to be a plan for wjo's up.

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
This was a basketbrawl game. Any game like that has been hard for Iowa State to win when not shooting lights out. Our team (including the coaching staff) need to learn how to win these types of games when we aren't shooting well. This includes when the calls are "suspect."

Look at our guys builds. We are built long and lean. The slight build of our players make it hard to expect guys like Tyrese to finish drives in traffic until they get some more bulk; especially in more physical games like the tournament.

I think the team was tired after the weekend. If you rewatch the game, look at how we ran without the ball. Our feet were shuffling too often. It is hard to make strong crisp cuts when you aren't running/going hard.

While I want nothing less than a National Championship, like all the rest of you, I realize it takes a lot to get there. I think coach Prohm is a good person, running a clean program, who coached us to more than twenty wins. He is a better recruiter than I guessed and is young enough to continue to grow as a coach. I appreciate that he seems to value his players more as people, not just players, and wants what is best for them. I also appreciate that he brings back the former Iowa State players in the late summer to honor their contributions.

When I hear the disparaging comments about our coach and team after a disappointing loss, I try to think about some of the good things the coach and players have done and it takes the edge off my disappointment.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I’ve stayed off the message boards for a while, so don’t roast me...what is stopping Fred from coming back? Is it respect for Prohm? Honest questions...

Probably the fish bowl of Ames over anytjing.

People already see him as a coaching legend...who are they going to yearn for if he's not as good as they remember?

• Agree
Reactions: Spanky

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
Than who if it's not hard? I'm not saying Csp is the guy...next sesson needs to have at least some sort of identity.

But there needs to be a plan for wjo's up.
If PRohm were to be let go, no doubt Pollard would have an idea and know who would be available. Just know way we could know at this point.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
Who is....

Just saying if you"re calling for CSP to be gone you should have a legit replacement in mind that will be better.
I’m not calling for prohm to be gone... I’m just hoping that he conveniently is.. there is a difference

• Agree

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
This was a basketbrawl game. Any game like that has been hard for Iowa State to win when not shooting lights out. Our team (including the coaching staff) need to learn how to win these types of games when we aren't shooting well. This includes when the calls are "suspect."

Look at our guys builds. We are built long and lean. The slight build of our players make it hard to expect guys like Tyrese to finish drives in traffic until they get some more bulk; especially in more physical games like the tournament.

I think the team was tired after the weekend. If you rewatch the game, look at how we ran without the ball. Our feet were shuffling too often. It is hard to make strong crisp cuts when you aren't running/going hard.

While I want nothing less than a National Championship, like all the rest of you, I realize it takes a lot to get there. I think coach Prohm is a good person, running a clean program, who coached us to more than twenty wins. He is a better recruiter than I guessed and is young enough to continue to grow as a coach. I appreciate that he seems to value his players more as people, not just players, and wants what is best for them. I also appreciate that he brings back the former Iowa State players in the late summer to honor their contributions.

When I hear the disparaging comments about our coach and team after a disappointing loss, I try to think about some of the good things the coach and players have done and it takes the edge off my disappointment.
Go to bed Grandpa

• Disagree

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
If SP left for bama I would be happy. Bring back Fred. I wish Shayok wasn’t a senior. Will be tough to watch without him. Sigh
i wouldn’t count on Fred coming back... only chance is if he watched this game and was truly disgusted and felt bad with what he left us with.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
You must have watched a different game than everyone else tonight.

You seriously need help though. Please seek a professional.

Ahh it’s always the projection. It’s almost impossible to be as wrong as you are. But, hey at least we lost for you guys tonight

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Well there ARE about 250 D1 coaches who didn't make the tourney. Probably don't want any of them. Then half the teams lost on the first day. They seem to suck too.

None as much as Steve Prohm though.

Look at the crew tonight. They’re enjoying this so much. One even wished for everyone to leave.

That’s not an actual Iowa State fan.

Help Support Us

Become a patron