What I know about the Prohm/Alabama speculation...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I would have coached tonight for like $50K. Would have saved ISU some cheddar. Started Wiggs and Cam and probably would have won.

Dumb post yeah but basketball is just a dumb game. Don’t over think it. Steven has done that. Freshman are freshman play the best basketball players. Make sure everyone has fun and stays in school. We got teachers that perform that task everyday for 1-100th pay. #bebetter

This is where I’m at. All year his two best basketball players started games on the bench

• Disagree
Reactions: HoustonClone

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Just got back to the hotel and haven't read any of the threads. This loss wasn't on Prohm. Ohio State with Wessan was a tough draw for ISU. The officials really let a lot of physical play go which really helped tOSU.

Lots and lots of pushing, holding, etc. It through off our offense.

Jacobsen was overmatched.
Which after he scored about 40 drop step layups should have been dealt with

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Just got back to the hotel and haven't read any of the threads. This loss wasn't on Prohm. Ohio State with Wessan was a tough draw for ISU. The officials really let a lot of physical play go which really helped tOSU.

Lots and lots of pushing, holding, etc. It through off our offense.

Jacobsen was overmatched.

Agree. I wish at some point we could recruit some muscle. Someone that can rebound and play defense when we come up against big teams. Jared Homan 2.0

• Agree
Reactions: Althetuna and Peter

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
dgbg.gif

Thank you

curtgouty

Dec 27, 2017
Just figured I'd put something out on this since it's such a hot topic right now nationally.

As of now, I just don't think there is anything to it. I can't find anything of substance other than the national guys speculating on Prohm's name, which I totally understand due to his connections there. That's just how this business works. Find ties, who knows what AD, who was an assistant where, etc.

From what I know, Prohm is happy at Iowa State and wants to stay for the foreseeable future.

There is always the financial caveat. March is weird and things get silly this time of season.

But again - as of now - I think this is a non-story.

Will be sure to update you all on anything if I believe that changes.
First place I saw it.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Agree. I wish at some point we could recruit some muscle. Someone that can rebound and play defense when we come up against big teams. Jared Homan 2.0

Yeah pretty much all teams ive seen win the last few days have at least one big dude who can rebound and control the paint. Lard is almost that for us when he is engaged. He got worked tonight though.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I hope he goes. This team is a mess and can’t go anywhere come tournament time. It’s time to bring Hoiberg back.
This team didn’t need an overhaul, more of a fine-tuning.

On one hand, unfortunately there’s likely to be a lot of turnover, and this roster likely had better material than next year.

On the other, some of our issues may be remedied by Coach Prohm having a different group. He failed to get these guys to consistently play good situational basketball, but maybe that’s better with a different team.

Get a great assistant like Beilein did, and we’ll be alright.

Reactions: cygolfer

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I don't give him that much credit for last week. A good win over Baylor. A win over a broken KSU team who got dominated by Irvine today and he lucked in Final by playing the worst Kansas team in a generation.

Next coach: Nate Oats unless he goes to UCLA Arizona or UNLV.
2nd Choice: Craig Smith Utah State

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I don't give him that much credit for last week. A good win over Baylor. A win over a broken KSU team who got dominated by Irvine today and he lucked in Final by playing the worst Kansas team in a generation.

Next coach: Nate Oats unless he goes to UCLA Arizona or UNLV.
2nd Choice: Craig Smith Utah State
3rd choice: Fran McCaffery

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
There is a middle ground of decency and perspective. Run off a coach that has done what Coach Prohm has done, and you deserve what you end up with.
What has he done?
You’re a Year 3 guy. There are some that feel he’s in Year 2. Others Year 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.