*** Official Ohio State Vs #24 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

nyclone

Feb 5, 2014
Exactly what I was about to post. Fizer was the only real big in the '00 starting lineup but Stevie Johnson played like a bulldog and did dirty work next to him.
Yes! Players like Stevie Johnson, Kenny Pratt, and Hogue.....Passion and Aggression. That is what is lacking, at least that's what my wife says.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Yup. Prohm is simply incapable of teaching Prohm guys how to dictate tempo against anyone other than low-level mid-major teams like Eastern Illinois. The offensive game plan is hoping they go 12-18 from 3. The worst part might be that he just doesn’t play an entertaining brand of basketball. He’s not fun, they’re not fun—it’s just not really fun to watch. There are 200 guys out there who could do better.

Well there ARE about 250 D1 coaches who didn't make the tourney. Probably don't want any of them. Then half the teams lost on the first day. They seem to suck too.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cat Stevens

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
You need to watch more NBA if you think that looked remotely like an NBA game.

Seriously, watch Monte play with Jokic now that ISU is done. Tonight's game, our offense, and OSU's offense more closely match a 1st grade dodgeball game than they do even a bad NBA game.

Yeah these kids are lining up to watch NBA players that play like a team and not watching mvp candidates like ball hog Harden and the isolation express the greek freak putting up 56 points every night. Gimme a break. I watch more NBA than college ball.

• Disagree
Reactions: Spanky

bearcat92

Mar 2, 2013
Honestly I think this may have been a game where Jacobson could have dominated next to Lard. The offense wasn't exploding anyway, would two big guys really have been that impossible? It's like we aren't allowed to do it.

This. Even with suspensions and injuries that may have necessitated the need for a 4 guard offense, they had ALL SEASON to incorporate an offense with two "bigs" once suspension was over and George C. proved himself as a more than serviceable player. Just don't understand why it wasn't tried at least once. At least I don't remember two bigs at anytime during the season.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Yeah these kids are lining up to watch NBA players that play like a team and not watching mvp candidates like ball hog Harden and the isolation express the greek freak putting up 56 points every night. Gimme a break. I watch more NBA than college ball.

I have never seen an NBA game in my life where the offense looked as bad, either of those teams.

You haven't been watching this year if you think that's NBA offense.

"James Harden" isn't the NBA. The NBA is what GSW is doing, what the Spurs have been doing, what LBJ's teams have been doing (maybe not always this year), what the Nuggets are doing with our old point guard right now.

NBA basketball is the best in the world. Just because one amazing player isolates constantly doesn't mean the pathetic game I just watched is "like the NBA". That game was more like a turkey sandwich than an NBA game.

• Agree
Reactions: CyJack13

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
I agree with others. Would have been nice to see two of Conditt, Lard, or Jacobson on the court together earlier in the season. We did it I believe once for about 3 minutes late in the season - even when it appeared Jacobson didn't know where he was going on defense with Conditt as the traditional center. Nothing more frustrating than seeing our guys play their tail off on D for 30 seconds only to see the ball bounce off the rim to the offense and doing it all again.

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens