This is why Prohm must go........

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ohly2311

Jan 7, 2014
First of all, Prohm coached this team terribly all year long.

People got all excited because we won the Big 12 Tourney but we should have won the Big 12 Tourney. (We had the best roster in the Big 12)

Finishing 9-9 in conference play was really embarrassing as the Clones clearly should have won the league.

Elite teams play two big men....it's just the way it is.....look at KU, UK, UNC, Duke, etc.......

Why he didn't start a line-up of Wigginton, Shayok, Horton-Tucker, Lard, and Jacobsen is ridiculous.....people wondering why we kept getting out-rebounded and then you see four guards out there and it's not real tough.....rotating Weiler-Babb and Haliburton with the three other guards would have worked fine but instead he put the team in a bad situation at all times with NEVER having a second big on the floor.....that is a joke.

Sure, you can go to four guards at times but when you're in a big boys league you have to compete at a big boy level.....Prohm doesn't do that.

Then we once again we got to watch "stand and watch basketball" tonight as he allowed them to spend much of the first half (and many games during the regular season) with four guys on the perimeter just standing and then shooting a three-pointer with only ONE guy underneath to rebound.....we were extremely easy to to guard because our coaching was terrible....we have GREAT players that can drive to the basket in Shayok, Horton-Tucker, and Wigginton who could have been drawing fouls all first half, drawing defense for a miss and easy offensive rebound, or creating wide-open three's but no.....Steve allowed them to stand on the perimeter and shoot NBA three's......live by it and die by it.........

Then let's talk about our defense........Ohio State has a completely mediocre team without Wesson (they lost by 19 without him against Northwestern).....he's clearly their only big-time player......a good coach would double team him every time he touched it and would have forced the rest of the OSU team to beat us......not Steve.....that was just too logical of a thing to do......so he just let Wesson toy with our bigs for most of the game.......it's easy stuff that he just decided not to do.......

If people think this is just reactionary to a tough tourney loss, you don't understand the game......he's the head coach who allowed his team to have problems that led to a 9-9 Big 12 record which is downright embarrassing and now he just led us to a horrific loss to a terrible Ohio State team......if you think he's the guy to lead this program to big-time tourney runs you are wrong.......in fact he took over a program that was loaded with talent and he went to the Sweet 16 with Fred's team......then went to the round of 32, then no tourney, then now we are out in the round of 64.........it's been downhill and in four years he has a 35-37 record in Big 12 league play......that's brutal......ISU has been to the tourney 7 of 8 years but if they want to become an elite program which I believe they can become, they need a new leader.....it's real simple.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I don't think that not playing two bigs is a reason why he "must go". Just watch Jacobson try to guard someone on the perimeter. And then watch the offense bog down because teams don't respect his corner 3 shot. I'm sorry, but it wouldn't work. We flat out don't have the roster to play two bigs.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008

People got all excited because we won the Big 12 Tourney but we should have won the Big 12 Tourney. (We had the best roster in the Big 12)

Finishing 9-9 in conference play was really embarrassing as the Clones clearly should have won the league.

Elite teams play two big men....it's just the way it is.....look at KU, UK, UNC, Duke, etc.......

Why he didn't start a line-up of Wigginton, Shayok, Horton-Tucker, Lard, and Jacobsen is ridiculous.....people wondering why we kept getting out-rebounded and then you see four guards out there and it's not real tough.....rotating Weiler-Babb and Haliburton with the three other guards would have worked fine but instead he put the team in a bad situation at all times with NEVER having a second big on the floor.....that is a joke.

Sure, you can go to four guards at times but when you're in a big boys league you have to compete at a big boy level.....Prohm doesn't do that.

Then we once again we got to watch "stand and watch basketball" tonight as he allowed them to spend much of the first half (and many games during the regular season) with four guys on the perimeter just standing and then shooting a three-pointer with only ONE guy underneath to rebound.....we were extremely easy to to guard because our coaching was terrible....we have GREAT players that can drive to the basket in Shayok, Horton-Tucker, and Wigginton who could have been drawing fouls all first half, drawing defense for a miss and easy offensive rebound, or creating wide-open three's but no.....Steve allowed them to stand on the perimeter and shoot NBA three's......live by it and die by it.........

Then let's talk about our defense........Ohio State has a completely mediocre team without Wesson (they lost by 19 without him against Northwestern).....he's clearly their only big-time player......a good coach would double team him every time he touched it and would have forced the rest of the OSU team to beat us......not Steve.....that was just too logical of a thing to do......so he just let Wesson toy with our bigs for most of the game.......it's easy stuff that he just decided not to do.......

If people think this is just reactionary to a tough tourney loss, you don't understand the game......he's the head coach who allowed his team to have problems that led to a 9-9 Big 12 record which is downright embarrassing and now he just led us to a horrific loss to a terrible Ohio State team......if you think he's the guy to lead this program to big-time tourney runs you are wrong.......in fact he took over a program that was loaded with talent and he went to the Sweet 16 with Fred's team......then went to the round of 32, then no tourney, then now we are out in the round of 64.........it's been downhill and in four years he has a 35-37 record in Big 12 league play......that's brutal......ISU has been to the tourney 7 of 8 years but if they want to become an elite program which I believe they can become, they need a new leader.....it's real simple.

Unabomber Manifesto

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha

OMG

ohly2311

Jan 7, 2014
Just stop.
Just stop?

So I guess you are okay with a 35-37 record in Big 12 over his four years and how the team has one NCAA tournament win in three years.......I guess you are okay with 9-9 mediocre records when this team CLEARLY had the talent to go 14-4 in league.......prove my points wrong......otherwise your post means nothing.....you didn't because you can't......end of story....

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
My #1 issue with Prohm is how he doesn't stand up for his guys when the refs are flat out taking advantage of them on the court.

Every single one of those awful calls in the last 3 mins of the game tonight.... and absolutely nothing but a stone faced Prohm who looked half asleep. Maybe he was looking forward to Alabama already, I don't know, but he's been like that pretty much since he's been here, so I don't think that's what it was.

As a player, I'd be ticked. The refs are not calling a fair game at all, and your coach does nothing for you.

When this team wins, it's because the athleticism and talent of this team is hitting on all cylinders. They are moving the ball and hitting their shots, and also playing against teams that also want to run and are also smaller teams. It's not from coaching.

When we play against bigger teams that want to slow it down and muck it up, Prohm is completely lost and clueless on what to do? Or if our shots aren't falling, Prohm has no solution.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Just stop?

So I guess you are okay with a 35-37 record in Big 12 over his four years and how the team has one NCAA tournament win in three years.......I guess you are okay with 9-9 mediocre records when this team CLEARLY had the talent to go 14-4 in league.......prove my points wrong......otherwise your post means nothing.....you didn't because you can't......end of story....

You're a ******* idiot. End of story

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
My #1 issue with Prohm is how he doesn't stand up for his guys when the refs are flat out taking advantage of them on the court.

Every single one of those awful calls in the last 3 mins of the game tonight.... and absolutely nothing but a stone faced Prohm who looked half asleep. Maybe he was looking forward to Alabama already, I don't know, but he's been like that pretty much since he's been here, so I don't think that's what it was.

As a player, I'd be ticked. The refs are not calling a fair game at all, and your coach does nothing for you.

When this team wins, it's because the athleticism and talent of this team is hitting on all cylinders. They are moving the ball and hitting their shots, and also playing against teams that also want to run and are also smaller teams. It's not from coaching.

When we play against bigger teams that want to slow it down and muck it up, Prohm is completely lost and clueless on what to do? Or if our shots aren't falling, Prohm has no solution.

I'm not one to complain about official lmks, but boy howdy Prohm should be getting a T for those horrible wrong calls if nothing else.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneZone13

ohly2311

Jan 7, 2014
You're a ******* idiot. End of story
You didn't dispute any of my points and you somehow think I would be affected by you starting to call me names......funny stuff......it's sad that Chris allows 3rd graders on cyclonefanatic......glad you to hear you are okay with one.....yes one NCAA tournament victory in the last three seasons......sorry I have bigger expectations for ISU basketball.....if you don't then that's perfectly okay......enjoy your evening my friend

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

So let me get this straight you wanted Prohm to go apeshit down the stretch of that game? 2 free throws and the ball to OSU would have been amazing I guess?