Prohm to Alabama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
That was one of the worst coached games from ISU I've ever seen. Even just as bad if not worse than McDermott. You'd think there would be some sort of adjustments, but nope. First half the same as the 2nd. Total crap game - and the worst part is that we still were in position to win it LOL. Thank you Shayok, Lard, half of Wiggington, and an eighth of Haliburton. Nobody else did anything.

Anybody who doesn't see why that was such a poorly coached game needs to go and learn something about basketball.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Yeah, honestly, I want Steve Forbes from ETSU, but Prohm's name keeps popping up. I don't know much about him or if his ties to UA would be enough to sway him if they go after him. Prohm's season last year and poor finsh this year makes me a little leery. I think I read you guys lost a ton of players going into last year. Is there any explanation for struggling down the stretch this year? We've seen plenty of that with Avery.
I change everything I said. Y'all can have him

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
8th best coach in the big 12 from a coachign standpoint, and shaka is getting canned.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy$

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Steve Prohm is furious at all of you in this thread. JUST LOOK AT HIM! SEETHING WITH RAGE! Calm down, Steve!
517550798.0.jpeg

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Bama fan here, and I come in peace. I stopped by just to read up on how you guys feel about Prohm, since the rumor is out there. I found and read through this thread. Firstly, we appreciate all the kind words about Alabama and its fans. Secondly, it seems that most of you like Prohm enough that you'd rather not lose him.

Also, just FYI, the knowledgeable Bama basketball fans know it's not a given we can steal Prohm, if he even is the target. However, as the post I quoted mentions, Alabama has a richer basketball tradition than most realize. Despite floundering in mediocrity for years, I believe we're still second only to Kentucky in all time SEC wins. Arky and Mizzou probably have more all time wins, but they arrived late to the SEC. Alabama has a winning record against all but three (I think) SEC teams. Alabama also is almost always among the top 25 in national attendance. We have a fan base that is dying to return to playing good basketball.

I'm obviously not claiming Bama is a basketball blue blood. And, at best, would be a lateral move at this time. But, we're also not the basketball dumpster fire a lot of people seem to think. And we have the potential to explode, like that Florida program some of you have pointed to as being so superior to Bama. By the way, Bama leads that series something like 74-67.
He's bad. He'll get you good players and then do nothing with them. Better hope you get someone else. He'll preach defense and have guys not know how to box out. He'll say they need to do better on offense and he'll call only Iso plays. If he's your head coach you might win some games, but it won't be due to in game coaching

• Agree
Reactions: cdfree

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I said 3, you’re only off by 33%. I do think he could have done better tonight, but this is a team full of selfish players and I’m not sure there’s anything he hasn’t tried behind the scenes.
You said Prohm deserves 2nd highest in Big 12. Huggins makes $3.8M.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I said 3, you’re only off by 33%. I do think he could have done better tonight, but this is a team full of selfish players and I’m not sure there’s anything he hasn’t tried behind the scenes.
The selfish one sat on the bench the entire second half. Wish prohm would have sat him in the beginning of the season, that's why he is still taking dumb ass shots.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Why is this man worth 3 million dollars, i can stand on the sideline and not do anything for considerably less.

• Winner
Reactions: xboxfever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron