Prohm to Alabama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
If they've never given two ***** about basketball, then it's not a sleeping giant.

It doesn't matter how much money you throw at a program, it is not a guarantee of future success. Look at Texas basketball. They have a ton of money, have gone after successful coaches, and have access to fantastic recruiting grounds. They are still mediocre at best at basketball and will probably be after a new coach soon.

I realize you are just being a **** to people and trolling about people complaining about Prohm, but this is a truly stupid argument.

Though they had had some historical success, there was the same feeling around Michigan for along time. Now they're a basketball school. The point is, any school has the potential to have a great basketball program. It takes about 10% of the players and the margins are bigger.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Fred lovers will now be rooting for us to lose to OSU so Prohm will leave and we can still bring back Fred before he signs with Nebby.

This place would be a zoo, Prohm haters would rejoice, Prohm lovers would start the Fred vs Prohm comparisons, cats would be chasing dogs.
I'm intrigued to say the least

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
He didn’t even play basketball there. Every Coach is an alum of somewhere. Was Prohm even an assistant at Bama? Or just a coffee boy? Or is he attached to the b-ball program in any way?

I don't think he'll even listen to Alabama but it's home at the absolute least.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
What really sucks in all of this is that this big ******* distraction is thrown out right before the team is ready to begin the most crucial part of their season.....and after a whole bunch of drama, and unwanted pubby.

Let's just let CSP coach these guys for a couple more weeks or so, eh?

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
IGNORE CAT..... He obviously does not like ISU successes and wants Prohm out. Guessing he's a fan of a TOE.

Auburn with Bruce Pearl? Seriously? That jackwagon has cheated everywhere he's coached. A real scumbag. You know he's cheating again... just a matter of time....

BAMA is a step down, regardless of their bank account.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Can everyone please stop quoting Cat Stevens? Ruining my ignore feature.

You know I've seen a lot of what the world can do
And it's breaking my heart in two
'Cause I never want to see you sad girl
Don't be a bad girl

But if you want to leave take good care
Hope you make a lot of nice friends out there
But just remember there's a lot of bad and beware
Beware

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Fred lovers will now be rooting for us to lose to OSU so Prohm will leave and we can still bring back Fred before he signs with Nebby.

This place would be a zoo, Prohm haters would rejoice, Prohm lovers would start the Fred vs Prohm comparisons, cats would be chasing dogs.

This place will explode if ISU loses in the first round, Prohm goes to Alabama, and if Fred strings us along and signs with Nebraska. I don't know if I'd be intrigued, unless you like seeing car crashes.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
IGNORE CAT..... He obviously does not like ISU successes and wants Prohm out. Guessing he's a fan of a TOE.

Auburn with Bruce Pearl? Seriously? That jackwagon has cheated everywhere he's coached. A real scumbag. You know he's cheating again... just a matter of time....

BAMA is a step down, regardless of their bank account.

I’m going to hope this is satire.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I don't think he'll even listen to Alabama but it's home at the absolute least.

Isn’t he from VA? His wife is from murray? The way he talks it always sounds like Murray is “home” to him. Like if he got a 100 million dollar windfall and wasn’t allowed to coach basketball again I feel like that is where he would go.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Fred can maybe convince Prohm to use the UAB game plan? :eek:

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Not sure I've seen anyone mention this so I will...

Avery Johnson's buyout is steep. $8 million. Not saying Alabama absolutely won't pull the trigger due to that, but it's certainly a factor that might make them hold on a little longer.

I love Prohm and all but if I'm an AD, I'm probably not forking over 8 million to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.