Hoiberg to Huskers

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Guess Steve won’t be inviting Fred in for any locker room speeches in the near future :confused:

Actually, I’m sure Prohm would welcome him. He’s that guy, and aware of the history of this place.

As far as Fred goes,

That will depend if espn is there and offering an interview opportunity to pr himself, or not.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
For most of the teams making changes the NBA season ends in mid-April.

There could be college coaches that **** in the program and don’t leave until late May or early June. Wasn’t Prohm was hired in June?

He had to wait for the bulls to be able to get rid of thibs without having to pay some contract bonus

Left the program in limbo for 2 months, knowing he was leaving, but made it so Iowa State couldn’t even start to find a couple players to round out an incomplete roster.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Did she say she didn't want to get married at all but then comes home from college and marries your ex-best friend and neighbor?

Yeah, its not like he's just going to any random school if he goes to Nebraska. ISU fans, in general, hate nebraska, and some of that hate is going to spread to Fred as their coach.

If he were headed to UCLA i'd pull for him. At nebraska i'll hope he loses almost every game (iowa excluded)

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
He had to wait for the bulls to be able to get rid of thibs without having to pay some contract bonus

Left the program in limbo for 2 months, knowing he was leaving, but made it so Iowa State couldn’t even start to find a couple players to round out an incomplete roster.
He checked out long before he left. BDJ gets too much blame for the end of season dysfunction.
If you’re allusive to not being at ISU when recruiting for nearly a year, you’re not even “firmly entrenched”.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
For most of the teams making changes the NBA season ends in mid-April.

There could be college coaches that **** on the program and don’t leave until late May or early June. Wasn’t Prohm was hired in June?

Yeah Prohm was beginning of June, as the bulls waited to fire Thibs until their season was over. Glad there were still solid candidates that were interested at that point.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Your need to defend him has skewed your sarcasm detector.
Apologize. Right now...to Fred. And me.

Just because your dream isn't coaching your alma mater, going to the NBA, flaming out, and then landing at an afterthought big ten program doesn't mean it's not someone else's. Like Fred's. And mine.

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
If he is coaching again I'm kind of glad it is in college. It actually gives ISU a little bit of security.

If Prohm ever leaves (maybe if Bama or LSU come in offering a ridiculous contract, for example) we would have a good chance of getting him away from Nebraska. If he was in the NBA (say Timberwolves) there is probably zero chance he would consider coming back. If he's in Lincoln in a couple years and ISU has a job opening I would imagine he'd at least look into it.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
still have the bulls covering 1mil of offset?
Yes. Bulls have guaranteed Hoiberg will make $5M in 2019-2020. If Nebraska gives him $3M the Bulls pay $2M.

If Nebraska is smart they backload that contract. Pay Fred like $1M for 2019-20 and the Bulls pay $4M. Then take him up to ~$4M per after the Bulls guarantee is gone.

• Agree
Reactions: Dr.bannedman

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Did she say she didn't want to get married at all but then comes home from college and marries your ex-best friend and neighbor?

Keeping with the same stupid analogy, you're already married to someone else so no, you shouldn't give a ****. Jealousy is an ugly character trait.

• Agree
Reactions: BryceC