Stranger Things Season 3

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Stranger Things is based off of nostalgia and horror and it’s brilliant.

Those that grew up in the 80’s remember the mall was the place to be, even a lot of classic movies from that time period were mall-centric. Like Fast Times at Ridgemont High or Gremlins.

They’re also taking all the classic tracks, Guardians of the Galaxy style, and jamming them in there. Hell, why not, they’ve been vetted for the past 30 years, they’re guaranteed to work.

Super smart of the show creators to have that built in familiarity with their show. Can’t wait to see how season 3 plays out.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
If you didn’t like season 1, I don’t know how much you’ll like season 2. But from how the Duff Brothers have described it, season 2 was necessary in giving you a better feel for the world so seasons 3 and 4 can be kind of wall to wall bangers. It was originally said by the Duff Brothers that they only wanted to do four seasons, but I think they’ve walked that back a little (I’m sure the money and success have a lot to do with that walk back.)

Interesting. I liked s1 but not a fan of s2, makes me interested again.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I have a theory about the upside down and the mind-flayer.

What if the Mindflayer isn’t really a monster, per se, but actually one of the original subjects from the experiments? Like, Number 3 or someone earlier than 11.

One of the experiments with “3” either created the upside down or “3” got stuck there. The other subjects were sent to the upside down to retrieve “3” or contact “3”. “3” is pissed about being abandoned and stuck.

Just crazy theory...

Cyder91

Jul 19, 2018
I have a theory about the upside down and the mind-flayer.

What if the Mindflayer isn’t really a monster, per se, but actually one of the original subjects from the experiments? Like, Number 3 or someone earlier than 11.

One of the experiments with “3” either created the upside down or “3” got stuck there. The other subjects were sent to the upside down to retrieve “3” or contact “3”. “3” is pissed about being abandoned and stuck.

Just crazy theory...
....move along...nothing to see here....keep moving.

• Funny
Reactions: Cybone

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Also binged the entire thing yesterday...

My crazy theory is that Hopper could still be alive... I think he may have made a run and jumped through the "gate" just before Joyce turned the keys knowing he'd at least have a fighting chance of staying alive in the Upside Down. Him making contact with the gang + rescuing him could end up being where they go with season 4. Eleven losing her powers at the end of this season conveniently makes it so she can't "look" for Hopper like she did for Will in season 1.

Reactions: cyyote15

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
Got half way through the latest season yesterday, will definitely be finishing up this weekend.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Also binged the entire thing yesterday...

My crazy theory is that Hopper could still be alive... I think he may have made a run and jumped through the "gate" just before Joyce turned the keys knowing he'd at least have a fighting chance of staying alive in the Upside Down. Him making contact with the gang + rescuing him could end up being where they go with season 4. Eleven losing her powers at the end of this season conveniently makes it so she can't "look" for Hopper like she did for Will in season 1.

So.....

I think it’s almost certain Hopper isn’t dead. In the post credit scene, the Russians are in the prison thing and say “no, that’s the American” and then go to a different cell. 99.9% chance the American is Hopper. Especially as we never saw him die/turn into dust or gunk, and he disappeared the same time the 5 Russians in the suits did right before the thing exploded. Also, how cool was it to see the demogorgue (sp?) again?!

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
So.....

I think it’s almost certain Hopper isn’t dead. In the post credit scene, the Russians are in the prison thing and say “no, that’s the American” and then go to a different cell. 99.9% chance the American is Hopper. Especially as we never saw him die/turn into dust or gunk, and he disappeared the same time the 5 Russians in the suits did right before the thing exploded. Also, how cool was it to see the demogorgue (sp?) again?!
Agree wholeheartedly
This show ends without Hopper. You cant take him out of it and have it work at this point, and this show is Netflix. Its him, and Elle will get back her psychic powers and make contact with him next season. Which they need to do before Finn Wolfhard is seven feet tall

• Funny
Reactions: cyrocksmypants
L

LincolnWay187

I thought this one was maybe the best season tbh. The first season was great but the monster was kinda lame looking in my opinion. I hope your guys thoughts on future spoilers are accurate.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Just finished the first episode and will probably have it all finished this weekend. I like the Russian twist so far

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron