CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Does anybody remember Deanvogs who used to post here? He pointed out in a thread on one of the Hawk sites the Hawks had the easiest conference schedule of all B1G teams.
I was just asking about DeanVogs on another thread. Whatever happened to him I wonder?

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
DeanVogs was probably the top (by volume) Hawk poster in the Rivals forum until he got banned after losing it when Iowa had one of their typical collapses. He was a megahomer, however at least was a good debater compared to the dregs like benji and yeahbuddy.
There was a total D Bag named "Biscut" back in the day. Anybody remember that waste of space?

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I'm rooting for Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Iowa State. Rooting against KU (obvious reasons), Baylor (obvious reasons), and K-State (because Surly).

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Not a statistician, but my general view of conference strengths is that the sample sizes in a college season are too low even for a kenpom or a barttovik to really say anything that means a whole lot. The B10 has earned those rankings, but I just don't think they mean a whole lot.
I agree with this...it's even worse in CFB. The SEC is always touted as the best football conference. Top end...Alabama/Georgia are very good no argument but....they play patsies for the most part OOC. How can we possibly know how good they really are year to year v other conferences? They go into conference play with a bunch of highly ranked teams that weren't tested (for the most part) OOC and then they benefit greatly from playing a bunch of ranked teams in conference. Rinse and repeat...

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I always love it when KU gets upset in an early round....mainly because tuco and the rest of the jayhawk nation are always claiming that the only games that matter are in the big dance.

So......yeah. I enjoy those first round calamities.

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
If it makes me a bad fan then so be it. I always cheer for our conference mates. I even had a good conversation with a Jayhawk fan I was sitting next to Saturday night. Imagine that. Now I had a multiple good chats with Wildcat fans during and after our game on Friday. K-state fans were elevated in my mind when they sold me their tickets for Saturday night $40 under face value.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'll actually root for Tech and Baylor because I like Drew and Beard but that is it. Most definitely won't be mad if they lose or anything though

I'll root for all Big 12 teams, though KU is a special case. In that game, it's win/win for me. Win, and it's a feather for the Big 12. Lose, and it's pretty funny to watch.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I'll be rooting for them all. I know KU fans can be insufferable, but I won't forget them giving George a standing ovation. Probably happy it would be the last time they had to play against him.

• Agree
Reactions: somecyguy

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I root for all big 12 teams, I watch almost exclusively big 12 bball so I get pretty familiar with the teams and in KC at the big 12 tourney, we get the chance to meet some of the players and fans of other teams. KU is always tricky but I've meet some really good KU fans and they have had some players recently that were fun to watch and were high character kids. The team with Seldon, Ellis, Mason and Graham a few year ago was fun to watch.

• Agree
Reactions: ca4cy

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
Iowa up against the Tennessee Cyteers today at 11:10 am on the Hallmark channel.
tenor.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron