***Official 2018-19 Transfer Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think Solomon's injury is not a lingering injury. The fact that he did come back and play some after the surgery makes me feel good about it. Teams always have a use for a guy like Solomon. Not the most talented guy but does a lot of things well for us.

Agreed. Just thinking about the absolute worst case. I really look forward to what a development big man with his size can do as a junior and a senior.

Young is the only guy on the roster with legitimate center size and strength. Having a mauler in the middle of our four-guard line-up, like we did during Monté's senior year, might have worked better than having a slightly undersized finesse guy like Jacobson.

Every time I see an offensive rebound, Jacobson getting pushed around by Big 12 big men, and Lard dying on a screen, I wish Solomon was out there instead.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I know it would be a "stretch" for him, but I have a feeling Jacobson will work his tail off this Summer and come back to play a Dean Wade-like role for us next year.

My guess is Jacobson, Conditt and Young will be putting a lot of hours in the gym over the summer developing a decent 3 point shot. If one of those guys can hit around 33% of 3 point shots next season, we will start 2 posts next season. After all, NWB shot 34.8% and THT shot 33% from 3 in Big 12 play this year. So its not like the 5 guards we played this season hit a high % of 3's.

IMO playing 2 posts helps on defense from a clogging paint, rim protection and rebounding standpoint vs. 4 guard lineup.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
My guess is Jacobson, Conditt and Young will be putting a lot of hours in the gym over the summer developing a decent 3 point shot. If one of those guys can hit around 33% of 3 point shots next season, we will start 2 posts next season. After all, NWB shot 34.8% and THT shot 33% from 3 in Big 12 play this year. So its not like the 5 guards we played this season hit a high % of 3's.

IMO playing 2 posts helps on defense from a clogging paint, rim protection and rebounding standpoint vs. 4 guard lineup

I know that Young worked his 3 a lot last summer. He shot 100% this year from 3 ;) of course it was only 1 for 1.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

IMO playing 2 posts helps on defense from a clogging paint, rim protection and rebounding standpoint vs. 4 guard lineup.

I think it really depends on the makeup of our roster. It would be hard to make full use of Jacobson/Lard/Conditt/Young/Anderson if we're running four guards, that's for sure.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
I saw where Coach Prohm retweeted a tweet from Savion Flagg thanking Billy Kennedy for everything he did for him...

I'm hoping that secretly means Flagg is transferring to ISU....would have 2 years of eligibility. Prohm said he would prefer at least 1 sit out transfer every year...Flagg would be perfect for that...

I figure if I throw it out into the cyber-universe, it's got to happen, right?

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
I saw where Coach Prohm retweeted a tweet from Savion Flagg thanking Billy Kennedy for everything he did for him...

I'm hoping that secretly means Flagg is transferring to ISU....would have 2 years of eligibility. Prohm said he would prefer at least 1 sit out transfer every year...Flagg would be perfect for that...

I figure if I throw it out into the cyber-universe, it's got to happen, right?

Has Flagg announced he is transferring? Thatd be a big one for sure that kid will be an all conference caliber player as an upperclassman. Bring him in in 2020 along with five star recruit Xavier Foster : )

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Has Flagg announced he is transferring? Thatd be a big one for sure that kid will be an all conference caliber player as an upperclassman. Bring him in in 2020 along with five star recruit Xavier Foster : )

No, not that I'm aware of...I'm just dreaming...hoping he wants to play for Kennedy's protege if he can't play for Kennedy.

Reactions: Messi

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
This thread reminded me Nixon is redshirting. Hopefully he can be that shooter this team needs next season

He is a career 33.3% (152/457) while at Colorado State.

For comparison, Shayok was a career 37.4% (55/147) while at Virginia.

He has gone 68/175 (38.9%) while at Iowa State so far.

The guy turned into a chucker, but he is making them. :)

I hope Nixon is taking 1,000 shots per day in the gym like Marial probably did.

We have done okay this season without having a "known" sniper...

upload_2019-3-19_11-38-50.png

...but boosting those percentages is always a good idea.

For a team that we thought was not going to be very good at shooting, we have four guys in the rotation north of 35% from three this year. That is actually pretty good.

Jacobson is not far behind at 34%.

Nate should be playing more/shooting more.

ComCY

Oct 31, 2016
He is a career 33.3% (152/457) while at Colorado State.

For comparison, Shayok was a career 37.4% (55/147) while at Virginia.

He has gone 68/175 (38.9%) while at Iowa State so far.

The guy turned into a chucker, but he is making them. :)

I hope Nixon is taking 1,000 shots per day in the gym like Marial probably did.

We have done okay this season without having a "known" sniper...

View attachment 63165

...but boosting those percentages is always a good idea.

For a team that we thought was not going to be very good at shooting, we have four guys in the rotation north of 35% from three this year. That is actually pretty good.

Jacobson is not far behind at 34%.

Nate should be playing more/shooting more.

Nixon's biggest impact is going to be on the defensive end. He won't have the length Shayok does, but he is great at steals, causing turnovers, and taking charges.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Nixon's biggest impact is going to be on the defensive end. He won't have the length Shayok does, but he is great at steals, causing turnovers, and taking charges.
Hopefully that also means staying in front of guys and playing ball screens well.

Reactions: Cytown12