Hoiberg to Huskers

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
Fred is smart, he knows 90% of Cyclone fans hate Nebraska. He also understands he has a great legacy at Iowa State. He smart enough to know his legacy would be extremely tarnished by most if he took that job. In other words...he ain't coaching in Lincoln folks.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Fred is smart, he knows 90% of Cyclone fans hate Nebraska. He also understands he has a great legacy at Iowa State. He smart enough to know his legacy would be extremely tarnished by most if he took that job. In other words...he ain't coaching in Lincoln folks.

So is there a decent contingent of Husker fans that actually think they can land him? Asking seeing that you're in Omaha

othercy

Mar 31, 2012
Northern CA

Yep ... Neb is a historical rival that is hated by a large part of the ISU fanbase. It would be a slap in the face to have left your "hometown" team only to go potentially help that rival become a powerhouse.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006

I feel the same way about the KU scenario.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Not buying it. One of the reasons Fred left college for the NBA was because he didn't like recruiting. Nebraska has only been to 1 NCAA tournament in the last 20 years and has only had 2 seasons since 2000 with a winning conference record (and another at .500). Now, ISU was down when Hoiberg took over, but they'd at least been to 8 NCAA tournaments in a 20 year span before that and had been to 3 tournaments in the 10 years before he took over too.

Again, not buying it given that he hated recruiting. Getting guys to go to Nebraska is going to be harder than getting them to Ames.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
In my dreams I picture these short, obese, spoiled brat Cornhusker fans from Western West Millard crying and holding their little red helium balloon until Nebraska actually wins a NCAA tournament game.
"No, little Jordan, you can't let go because this is an NIT game. Sorry honey, you still have to hold onto your balloon....Here sweetie, mommy so sorry you have to feel anything sad at all in life. Have another snickers bar and a milkshake from Runza. "

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
In my dreams I picture these short, obese, spoiled brat Cornhusker fans from Western West Millard crying and holding their little red helium balloon until Nebraska actually wins a NCAA tournament game.
"No, little Jordan, you can't let go because this is an NIT game. Sorry honey, you still have to hold onto your balloon....Here sweetie, mommy so sorry you have to feel anything sad at all in life. Have another snickers bar and a milkshake from Runza. "

I truly enjoy your posts dirty.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Lol Runza. Been a long time since I've seen one of those places.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I think this is a very real possibility. I've seen many people posting that Hoiberg said he hated recruiting so he would never go back to college. That was also 4 years, and a horrible NBA experience ago. It's very likely he's completely changed his mind on coaching in college vs the NBA. What do you think he enjoyed more? His 5 years in Ames or the 3 1/2 in Chicago?

He also has a history of taking jobs where he has connections vs the "better" job. He went to the Bulls because he was highly connected to their front office instead of waiting for the T-wolves or another team that would have been a much better job. He has connections at Nebraska, and they can afford to pay him as well as most of the "better" jobs. He may see Nebraska as a place he can just do his thing, and have less distractions than dealing with boosters/ former players at a place like UCLA.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron