*** Official SELECTION SUNDAY Thread ***

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Sure, but aren't we worried about multiple bigs on the floor at one time? They have two kids they play at the post. Would be advantage for them against MJ. Not saying they wouldn't/couldn't beat Houston, just commenting on the bracket that had ISU playing them in the second round.

Depends. Kansas usually plays two bigs, but one only played 8 minutes yesterday, and Self said it’s specifically because with 4 guards, Lawson was getting abused at the 4 spot and couldn’t keep up, so they were forced to move Lawson to the 5 and play 4 guards against us.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Several seasons ago, NMSU had two Gigantic Guys, the player you mentioned was one, I think another topped 7 feet.

Yeah, I remember still living in Hawaii at the time, so it was easier to follow their (Hawaii’s) games. That huge dude just abused a pretty decent Hawaii team. He was the least athletic person ever. Made Woodbury look like an Olympic athlete, but there was just no stopping him when he got the ball in the paint. It seemed like he could dunk with both feet still on the floor.

Reactions: cyclones500

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
In before some fan of our NCAA tournament opponent comes here and starts a thread. Then we'll get to hear all about their amazing players and how we won't be able to stop them

Not only that, but a good chunk of our fans will totally buy into it and start talking about what an amazing team we’re going to be playing in the first round will be.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
A lot of people not wanting any piece of Oregon, Villanova (in Hartford), New Mexico St, etc. I don't care about any of that. The only team I'd like to delay running into is Duke, and even then, if it happens, bring it. If this team truly found itself in KC, then there isn't a team in the tourney that will be wanting us in their bracket.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
In before some fan of our NCAA tournament opponent comes here and starts a thread. Then we'll get to hear all about their amazing players and how we won't be able to stop them

I thought NDSU got beat in their tournament? Is LakeBison cheering for someone else this year?

• Funny
Reactions: cygrads

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
I thought NDSU got beat in their tournament? Is LakeBison cheering for someone else this year?

Nope, NDSU is the qualifier from the Summit. Watching the games in person I'd suggest any team facing them sells out against the 3. I'm pretty sure they were above 50% from beyond the arc in the conference tournament.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Nope, NDSU is the qualifier from the Summit. Watching the games in person I'd suggest any team facing them sells out against the 3. I'm pretty sure they were above 50% from beyond the arc in the conference tournament.

Crap. Any chance they'd be high enough of a seed that they'd be our opponent? I can't handle LakeBison in basketball too.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

We’ve been hardened. Now we just need to make shots.

ThePUNisher96

Mar 14, 2019
I don't really care who we play in the first round, I just want to be in either DSM for starters, or in the Kansas City region. My guess is that we'll be a 5 seed or something along those lines.