*** Official 2019 Big 12 Tournament Champions Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
images

Reactions: GTO

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Iowa State is 8-0 in Big 12 Semifinal and Championship games since 2014. It feels like there's been an amazing streak of either losing in the first round or winning the Big 12 tournament.

It also seems like ISU is never on the NCAA tournament bubble. I don't think there's been a bubble year since that year Johnny told **** Vitale that he kicked his ***.

The 2012-13 team was a bubble team with Clyburn and Tyrus. That team was a 10 seed that needed a road win over Baylor to punch their ticket and a Big 12 tournament win over OU to avoid Dayton.

That’s still my favorite team

Last edited:

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
My hats off to this team and the coaching staff. Only got to see the second half. They came into this tournament and did everything they were supposed to do and looked good doing it. Looking forward to the NCAA tourney.

We all wished that this team in KC would have been around for most of the regular season, but I will take a team playing this well in March every time.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
We all wished that this team in KC would have been around for most of the regular season, but I will take a team playing this well in March every time.

Yeah there was the chance at the ultimate local dream path for a 1-3 seeded team...

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
The 2012-13 team was a bubble team with Clyburn and Tyrus. That team was a 10 seed that needed a road win over Baylor to punch their ticket and a Big 12 tournament win over OU to avoid Dayton.

Agree the ball movement on that team was amazing, beyond the Spurs beating the Heat in the finals that one year I havent seen any single team move the ball like that. That is when basketball is truly fun to watch.

clones8232

Jun 5, 2015

My favorite team is the last one to win the big 12 championship

SDCyclonesFamily

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 21, 2016
The Bomb Cyclone being felt all the way down in Kansas City! Great win by the whole team. My husband and I were surprised (although we shouldn't have been) to see Naz at the game. We watched him finish playing last night with the Stars at 9:30pm here in Sioux Falls. Love that he is such a great representative of Iowa State and glad he could be there to see them win!

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
So happy for the staff and players. They had to listen to some ridiculous things said about them, but just took that, worked out their bugs, and let it all fuel their fire.

Very, very impressive

I agree. Hats off to the staff and for the players for galvanizing and getting three wins this weekend. Responding to adversity continues to be a character trait of CSP which will allow this program to continue to remain in the national spotlight.

That was always my personal concern over the last two years was the ability of CSP to maintain what Fred started. He has done exactly that and I look forward to where he can take the program. Go Cyclones!!

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

The road win was over West Virginia but the point still stands.