Official Thread - Hawkeyes in the NBA

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Burton and Niang are pretty obviously both “benchwarmers”. Not sure what you take offense to with me calling Morris a pretty good backup PG.
He's been the best backup PG in the league this year. Averages 25 mpg. He's playing 4th quarters with the starters in close games now. He's 2nd in the NBA in attor. Top 15 in 3 pt percentage.

Everytime he's on the floor of games I've watched the commentators can't stop talking about how much they love him.

I took offense to you calling him a benchwarmer and trying to save it with a sorry compliment haha

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Better to be a bench warmer in the NBA than manager of a Jimmy Johns in Souix City Iowa.

Nah, because no matter what they're a former Hok playerfan which is legendary within state borders.

McCabe was such a thug.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Telling customers to suck a fat one wouldn’t go over well at a sandwich shop.
I don't know, sales of these are way up where he works.
Pickle.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: LindenCy and awd4cy

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
He's been the best backup PG in the league this year. Averages 25 mpg. He's playing 4th quarters with the starters in close games now. He's 2nd in the NBA in attor. Top 15 in 3 pt percentage.

Everytime he's on the floor of games I've watched the commentators can't stop talking about how much they love him.

I took offense to you calling him a benchwarmer and trying to save it with a sorry compliment haha

I meant to exclude Morris from “benchwarmer” consideration. He’s been good, but calling him the best backup PG in the NBA is a bit of a stretch- Rozier, Dinwiddie, Satoransky (if you can still consider him a backup after Wall went down), Schroder, VanVleet, and Lou Williams (Pretty sure he is listed as a SG but he effectively plays PG) are all better than Morris IMO.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Cytown12