Spring Flooding

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
The creeks in CR are crazy. Highest I've seen Dry Creek (which is an awful name for this creek btw).

Indian Creek is crazy high by 29th and Cottage Grove. I'm sure the sac & fox trail area is way under water.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
This is headed for my house in Fremont. Already severe flooding before it gets here.

https://www.ketv.com/article/flash-flood-emergency-for-platte-river/26824507

This is headed for my house in Fremont. Already severe flooding before it gets here.

Worst flooding I have seen in Fremont. Areas I have never seen water in are completely flooded.

The picture in the article is a road about 1/4 mile from the river through the woods on the right. The ice pushed through the woods and is several feet deep on the road. I know several people that live on that road and will not be able to get back to their houses for days.

https://fremonttribune.com/news/loc...cle_b46680b0-2e45-5cce-9131-726175ea6898.html

9:50 p.m. – Four Cedar Bluffs firefighters were out in two airboats near Arlington when one turned and tipped over, then the other turned; both sank. The firefighters were able to get to nearby railroad tracks, where two National Guard helicopters came to their rescue. Council Bluffs Police Department said Council Bluffs firefighters are headed to the area. I have neighbors on the Cedar Bluffs volunteer fire department. Have not had a chance to talk to them yet.

Reactions: CloneLawman

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
So I have to be at the airport early tomorrow. With Fleur closed from MLK to Bell due to flooding, what's my best alternate route? I'll be leaving from the Waveland Park area.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Since you are in Fremont, my suggestion is that you establish your base camp at the Lariat Club. You will have nothing to worry about there if the water rises. There is always plenty of wood to grab onto and float to safety

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Since you are in Fremont, my suggestion is that you establish your base camp at the Lariat Club. You will have nothing to worry about there if the water rises. There is always plenty of wood to grab onto and float to safety

I would give different advice about living in Fremont. I would mention since you live in Fremont, you should pretty much hate living in huskerland so I would just use that opportunity to get the heck out of that hillbilly haven and move away.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Lariat closed years ago. I live on the bluff on the south side of the Platte. I am 100 feet above the river.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Lariat has been closed for years.

I just heard the Elkhorn River just flooded over Maple by Waterloo. We are supposed to have multiple dry days in a row now. Not going to help much with all the water headed down this way. Too much melt and rain all at the same time. The Missouri is going to get a lot higher before it starts getting lower.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Lariat has been closed for years.

I just heard the Elkhorn River just flooded over Maple by Waterloo. We are supposed to have multiple dry days in a row now. Not going to help much with all the water headed down this way. Too much melt and rain all at the same time. The Missouri is going to get a lot higher before it starts getting lower.

Frost is pulling out in the standing water to help out. Some of the roads that had water over them, bridges also, opened up this morning after closing yesterday.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Thanks for answering my question that was not asked about the Lariat Club. It was one wild joint when it was located downtown.

Back in the 70s there were some great parties on the north side of the river in the cabin area. It is a wonder we did not kill ourselves piloting the air boats after way too many beers.