COLUMN: Cyclones played hungry in "punking" of Baylor

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Wigginton's shoes look like they're made out of melted Legos of assorted colors.

• Funny
Reactions: Cycsk

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Pedant alert: “Punk’d” was the Ashton Kutcher vehicle that aired on MTV; “punked” is what Baylor did to Iowa State twice before today.

Good article. Go Cyclones!

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Soft is as soft does. Saying your tough doesn't make you tough, playing tough does. Hope they can continue to prove it on the court.

• Informative
Reactions: CyBobby

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I kind of like the swag we have going now. Let em be cocky. It’s better than that **** we were watching during the losing streak.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Many of the pundits have stated all season long that ISU has the best collection of talent in the league. Which we do, in my opinion, but we never meshed together as a team, just a collection of talented athletes. Maybe that changed today.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Wigginton's shoes look like they're made out of melted Legos of assorted colors.

C-Dubs wrote a great article, but all I could think about was the bottom of Wigginton's shoes. Great minds think alike as you got the very first reply!

cycjob

Oct 10, 2014
When the A Team shows up, this team is very good.

It would still be good if they had more of a plan for when they have to play half court offense. We are obviously very good in transition but when forced into the half court seem very dependent on Wiggy or THT creating based on individual talent.

This game showed how high the ceiling can be for this team. Let's hope they avoid the floor we have been seeing in prior games.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
When the A Team shows up, this team is very good.

It would still be good if they had more of a plan for when they have to play half court offense. We are obviously very good in transition but when forced into the half court seem very dependent on Wiggy or THT creating based on individual talent.

This game showed how high the ceiling can be for this team. Let's hope they avoid the floor we have been seeing in prior games.

Watching the team, they definitely seemed to play harder than they have recently, especially on the boards. There were a lot of fouls committed that I feel like I don't normally see, and honestly I was fine with it because they were playing hard. They weren't going to allow the down-low game for Baylor to be easy.

In terms of half court, I saw a lot of set plays yesterday which did a good job of getting open driving lanes for the guards and a few open 3s. I think they still rely way, way too much on the pick and roll now I shoot a 3 play, but there was a lot of other good stuff, too.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron