NFL: ***Official Offseason Thread***

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I'm gonna go out of my way to watch Browns games now, what a world.
Yep, issue might be for them that there is only 1 football to go around. We will see if they can keep their egos in check if they aren't getting the ball as much as they want it.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Trade. Dee Ford is last season's production away from being a first round bust. And he magically has that good year in a contract year?? No thanks.
Well my wish was granted but I really thought Veach would at least grab a 2019 pick, not 2020. Maybe he'll use it as a way to move up this year.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
I’m sick of hearing about LeVeon Bell. I always thought he was a product of a system and it was proven last year when James Connor put of very similar numbers. Hell, DeAngelo Williams the two years before Connor put up just as good of numbers when filling in for Bell. Bell will be a huge bust for the Jets.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
@AdamSchefter: Chiefs released five-time Pro Bowl safety Eric Berry. Had Berry been on KC’s roster Friday, $7.25 million of his salary would have become fully guaranteed.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Chiefs revamping the defense totally. No Ford, Houston, and now Berry. I loved watching Berry play, but the dude has not been healthy the last couple of years. If they couldn't get him to restructure, this seems to be the right move.

• Agree
Reactions: 2020cy

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Chiefs revamping the defense totally. No Ford, Houston, and now Berry. I loved watching Berry play, but the dude has not been healthy the last couple of years. If they couldn't get him to restructure, this seems to be the right move.
We save like no cap space cutting Berry. I understand cutting Houston and not paying Ford but what do we gain here?

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
We save like no cap space cutting Berry. I understand cutting Houston and not paying Ford but what do we gain here?

Plus I bet there was something else going on with how Berry handled the injury last year. Multiple times Veach and Reid mentioned that it was up to Berry as to when to come back. He also declined to get surgery this offseason on the heel. So they were most likely over the whole situation.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa

Plus I bet there was something else going on with how Berry handled the injury last year. Multiple times Veach and Reid mentioned that it was up to Berry as to when to come back. He also declined to get surgery this offseason on the heel. So they were most likely over the whole situation.

How much dead money are we up to now? Like 10% of the cap? Stupid John Dorsey. Getting all the praise from Browns fans right now but wait until he ruins their cap too.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I’m sick of hearing about LeVeon Bell. I always thought he was a product of a system and it was proven last year when James Connor put of very similar numbers. Hell, DeAngelo Williams the two years before Connor put up just as good of numbers when filling in for Bell. Bell will be a huge bust for the Jets.

One of Bell's biggest assets, outside of his excellent pass catching ability, was his patience. That only works behind a very good offensive line. The Jets might be improving their line by adding KO, but I don't think they'll be as good as the Steelers OL the past few years.

So take that patient style behind a worse OL and you're going to see more tackles for loss. He'll still catch a lot of balls out of the backfield and earn some of that money, but his best years I think are behind him.

I think he gambled and lost by sitting out last year. He's "fresh" but he's not getting any younger.