NCAA WBB tournament tickets for games at Hilton

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
How are the NCAA WBB tournament tickets for games at Hilton going to be handled?

Is it like the men's tournament in which a limited number of tickets are distributed by the ISU Ticket Office according to donor status? Will there be any sort of presale for ISU season ticket holders? Has the sign-up and/or presale already taken place and I missed it?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
How are the NCAA WBB tournament tickets for games at Hilton going to be handled?

Is it like the men's tournament in which a limited number of tickets are distributed by the ISU Ticket Office according to donor status? Will there be any sort of presale for ISU season ticket holders? Has the sign-up and/or presale already taken place and I missed it?

I’ve bought them in the past. Getting tickets won’t be an issue.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfan1965

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I’ve bought them in the past. Getting tickets won’t be an issue.

I know that getting balcony seats will be no problem, but I would love to enjoy good lower level sideline seats at Hilton.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I know that getting balcony seats will be no problem, but I would love to enjoy good lower level sideline seats at Hilton.

Those will be tough because the NCAA has to allocate x amount of tickets to each school and the donors/season ticket holders will probably swipe up whats left.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009
Those will be tough because the NCAA has to allocate x amount of tickets to each school and the donors/season ticket holders will probably swipe up whats left.

We'll see. A few years ago when Wells Fargo hosted two different men's regionals, the participating teams were only allotted 500 tickets each. That's not many for programs like Kentucky and Indiana.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
We'll see. A few years ago when Wells Fargo hosted two different men's regionals, the participating teams were only allotted 500 tickets each. That's not many for programs like Kentucky and Indiana.

Yes, that's how it works for the men's tournament official allotment to the teams, but there is more. Wells Fargo Arena also has its own presale for the Men's Rounds 1/2. A few years ago, I was able to get 8 lower level tickets, albeit in the corner, but a decent row. The presale was held way in advance and I don't think you found out about your ticket location until much later.

The NCAA also had a presale (April or May 2018) for the men's tournament this year and I got decent seats (notified in Oct 2018) for Tulsa Rounds 1/2 and the Kansas City Regional. A few years ago, I did this and got second row, right on the corner for the KC Regional. Yes, you pay almost a year in advance and don't find out your seat location for six months.

How did it work a few years ago when we hosted the Women's NCAA (and had to play Stanford, argh)? I remember just buying tickets behind the basket for that game, but hope to get lower sideline seats this time.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The other three teams will likely have fans in the hundreds, not thousands unless we are playing the Gophers or someone with an actual fan base within easy driving distance. How many ISU fans went to Storrs in 2017?

Going to be a pretty full house but 90% plus Cyclone fans.

Reactions: CYdTracked

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Yes, that's how it works for the men's tournament official allotment to the teams, but there is more. Wells Fargo Arena also has its own presale for the Men's Rounds 1/2. A few years ago, I was able to get 8 lower level tickets, albeit in the corner, but a decent row. The presale was held way in advance and I don't think you found out about your ticket location until much later.

The NCAA also had a presale (April or May 2018) for the men's tournament this year and I got decent seats (notified in Oct 2018) for Tulsa Rounds 1/2 and the Kansas City Regional. A few years ago, I did this and got second row, right on the corner for the KC Regional. Yes, you pay almost a year in advance and don't find out your seat location for six months.

How did it work a few years ago when we hosted the Women's NCAA (and had to play Stanford, argh)? I remember just buying tickets behind the basket for that game, but hope to get lower sideline seats this time.
What's the price range for 1st and 2nd round women's games? Definitely want to go support them but doing so on a budget.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Was curious to look at a box score with attendance from our last hosting in 2014 but could only find a written recap.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
If you want good seats, buying them from an opposing school might be the easiest way.

Having not purchased NCAA tickets in 15+ years, take my advice with a grain of salt.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Reactions: BoxsterCy

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
The last time we made the sweet sixteen I remember buying all game passes for Hilton WBB and they weren't expensive nor bad seats. Who knows how it has changed. Might have to come to Ames. We should do a CF WBB meetup.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Hoping for some official announcement soon.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
I saw someone mention the Stanford game a few years ago, let me tell you a funny story about that game. I was sitting next to two old ladies from Stanford, one of them mentions to me about how nice the Olympic banners were. I said thanks, its a nice touch. She waits about 30 seconds then says, "you know if Stanford was its own country, we'd be number 5 in all time medals". Punked by an 80 year old!!

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I saw someone mention the Stanford game a few years ago, let me tell you a funny story about that game. I was sitting next to two old ladies from Stanford, one of them mentions to me about how nice the Olympic banners were. I said thanks, its a nice touch. She waits about 30 seconds then says, "you know if Stanford was its own country, we'd be number 5 in all time medals". Punked by an 80 year old!!
Yeah, and if Iowa State raked in the type of money Stanford does, WE could support 40-odd olympic sports most people have never heard of as well. :rolleyes::p

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Tickets for the NCAA games in Hilton have always been pretty affordable, imo. You can usually buy the all-session or single-session tickets, depending of if you wanted to go to both days, regardless of who is playing. Regional sites will sell tickets in advance since those are pre-determined. For the few years that 1st and 2nd round host sites were pre-determined, you could order tickets early as well. They (ISU) should have information posted within a few hours of the Selection Monday seeding announcements, if there aren't already instructions for how it will be handled in anticipation of hosting.

Reactions: runbikeswim

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron