If Tech beats TX on Big Monday

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Baylor is the only team that I want to play. We need another one of those types of games to try to figure it out before the tourney. If we have any chance of going far we will need to be able to beat a physical team like them. Good tourney prep.

• Agree
Reactions: StLouisClone

kcbob79clone

I’d like to know why people disagree with this? Why would you rather face Baylor than KU? Just curious.

Don't want to play either one of them which is why I think, in my opinion, that we are 1 and done in Big12 tourney this year.

Baylor's strength of offensive rebounding go against our weakness. Really just have to throw it up hope it hits rim and BU gets the rebound and an easy putback. Defending the 3 is also a weakness and Macon's 3s will kill us.

KU is the most talented and highly rated roster in the Big12. Lawson is POTY and a beast which we will try and double but now the KU freshman highly rated guards are now hitting their 3s. Plus a lot easier when wide open and in rhythm. They weren't hitting 3s earlier and now they are.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Absolutely not. I would love to beat Tech at home. Would feel much much worse about giving Tech their first win in Hilton since 2011 than KU getting a share of the title because of us.

Not to mention, I don't want a team celebrating a title on our home floor. As sick as I am of KU's streak, that would be worse (at least in the short-term).

• Winner
Reactions: Wildhawk and awd4cy

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Do you really think how we ply in the next to games will change that seeding very much?

This team is inconsistent. Winning the next two will not change that narrative.

If we win the last two, we finish with an 11-7 conference record. Would feel a lot better than 9-9.

It may not change seeding that much, but it would give us much needed momentum

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Do you really think how we play in the next two games will change that seeding very much?

Winning the next two games vs losing the next two could absolutely be the difference in a seed for the tournament. I’d much rather be a 6 than a 7.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Do you really think how we play in the next two games will change that seeding very much?

Why wouldn’t you want to win as many games possible for Iowa State? Why should we want to hand Tech their first win in Hilton in 8 years? I want to see KU go down, but not at our expense. Tech would be another top 10 win for this team and a huge boost.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
If you want to avoid BU in first round and like chances vs. KU better, without sacrificing a loss to drop to 3 vs 6, hope for this (unlikely) situation.

1. Kansas State (14 - 4)
2. Texas Tech (13 - 5)
3. Baylor (12 - 6)
4. Iowa State (11 - 7) Defeated Kansas based on record against #2 teams.
5. Kansas (11 - 7) Lost to Iowa State based on record against #2 teams.
6. Texas (9 - 9)
7. Oklahoma (7 - 11)
8. TCU (6 - 12)
9. Oklahoma State (4 - 14)
10. West Virginia (3 - 15)

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Iowa State basketball really brings the stupid and emotionally unstable out of some people huh? We have 2 winnable games left on the schedule and a team that could put it together and go on a run at any time. College basketball is a rollercoaster a lot of our fans clearly aren't cut out to ride. I can all but guarantee we win at least 1 of our last 2 and I won't be surprised to see us win both. How many people can honestly say they expected better than 10-8 in the Big 12 before this season started? Better than 11-7? I think the issue is people started buying all the long shot national champ crap put out by sports writers and lost their grip on reality.

Wildhawk

Mar 25, 2014
One thing...it's not like ISU can't beat them. They just need to have their **** together.
Iowa State needs to get back on track, get some mojo going. Whip West Virginia, spank Texas Tech, and then prep for Big XII Tourney. C'mon Cyclones, play to your potential.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I just booked my hotel for KC today so we have to win the Thursday night game!

RagnarLothbrok

Feb 28, 2015
I hope it's Baylor because I am sure Prohm will make the needed adjustments to not give up the 28 offensive rebounds from the prior 2 games with them. 3rd times the charm.

No Solomon. Who knows about Lard. o_O Our post is a limp noodle.

Prohm is 2 - 6 vs Baylor with Iowa State. Both wins were at Hilton.

Please no Baylor, we just don't match up with them physically or their Zone.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Not to mention, I don't want a team celebrating a title on our home floor. As sick as I am of KU's streak, that would be worse (at least in the short-term).

Good point. I hadn't thought about that angle. Celebrating a conference title in Hilton should not be done by another team.

As I look at the standings, KU can still win a share of the conference season if KU wins out, K-State loses at TCU, and Texas Tech loses to us.

So, not only does a win prevent TTU from celebrating on our floor, but it also may give us the opportunity next year to be the team that breaks the KU run.