***Official Texas postgame thread***

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I know this is nothing new, but hey, gotta chime in with my two cents regardless. This team simply isn't what we all thought they were. And that is fine. They can surprise us and they'll lay plenty of eggs.

The leadership just isn't there, and the basketball IQ is not there (yet). The raw talent is there, clearly, but the overall IQ just isn't there and leadership abilities are not present on this year's team. I do believe Tyrese has the makings of a great leader, time well tell.

So for this year, every one of our scoring threats will just continue to naively interpret "it's time to lead the team" as "I better take the ball and score" (and run into traffic with my head down).

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
Plenty of room on the band wagon feel free to hop on :).
I may be missing your point and apologize if I am, but support for the Twister Sisters runs deep. Attendance is 3rd in the country and last year averaged close to 10K, and last year was not a good year. So, I do not think that WBB is a bandwagon sport; there is strong support, even in years that are not so good, and although I am not a big fan of his, credit has to go to Coach Fennelly.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I may be missing your point and apologize if I am, but support for the Twister Sisters runs deep. Attendance is 3rd in the country and last year averaged close to 10K, and last year was not a good year. So, I do not think that WBB is a bandwagon sport; there is strong support, even in years that are not so good, and although I am not a big fan of his, credit has to go to Coach Fennelly.

Not directed at you personally, just putting a plug in for the gals. They are playing really good ball again this yr and I just wish more people would come out and support them. Unluckily actual attendance still hasn't caught up with paid. No ill intentions were meant on my part, sorry for any confusion.

• Winner
Reactions: psyclone51

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
This team is going to go out without as much as a whimper. They've lost whatever mojo they once had and they seemingly don't really care all that much.

We're a football school anyway.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Was at the game today. Iowa State’s attitude seemed like they were defeated after going down in the first half. Just an overall “burn the tape” kinda game.

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
Listened to game until broadcast team sounded defeated. Not a fun team to watch or listen to anymore. No idea what is up but not really invested enough to meltdown over this team. Sad but can’t even muster up any animosity or cutting remarks. JETS

Clonebydesign

Jul 21, 2009
Ames
Full disclosure I recorded the second have and watched it on 12x fast mo, still feel like I invested too much time. Hey look a car wreck

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
We’re playing teams that are fighting for their tournament lives and we have nothing left to play for until KC. Get this **** out of our system, start building back up, get some new stuff in the offense because teams aren’t letting us get out and run at all and they have our HC sets totally covered up, get feeling better on offense and carry that energy to the defense and start creating turnovers again.

I’m not opposed to getting Wigginton in the starting lineup. Halliburton is basically creating a 5 v 4 on offense because he won’t shoot unless he’s got a wide wide open 3. Keep working Conditt in for at least 8-10 minutes a game.

That being said, ncaa is a totally different beast than the big 12 grind. We can do damage there.

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
Not directed at you personally, just putting a plug in for the gals. They are playing really good ball again this yr and I just wish more people would come out and support them. Unluckily actual attendance still hasn't caught up with paid. No ill intentions were meant on my part, sorry for any confusion.
You're good. I misunderstood. We are both on the same wavelength.

Reactions: NWICY

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
At first I thought it was another example that no one was paying attention to what was going on around them - like they didn't even know he was down on the ground

I’m not sure if they knew he was down or not, but I watched him lay there for a minute with nobody around. The medical people didn’t even go.

We talk a lot during the games were at, but we aren’t yellers. But I screamed to get over to him, you might have heard it on the radio as I was close enough to Walters and Heft.

You know, it’s one thing to play like ****, and give a half assed effort, but that was inexcusable on everyone’s part.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
We’re playing teams that are fighting for their tournament lives and we have nothing left to play for until KC. Get this **** out of our system, start building back up, get some new stuff in the offense because teams aren’t letting us get out and run at all and they have our HC sets totally covered up, get feeling better on offense and carry that energy to the defense and start creating turnovers again.

I’m not opposed to getting Wigginton in the starting lineup. Halliburton is basically creating a 5 v 4 on offense because he won’t shoot unless he’s got a wide wide open 3. Keep working Conditt in for at least 8-10 minutes a game.

That being said, ncaa is a totally different beast than the big 12 grind. We can do damage there.

I like Lindell, I know he wants the ball. He wants to win.

But he was just awful covering fabres yesterday.

Tyrese just refuses contact, I understand because he’s so slight. But he has to start being willing to get hit on those drives, or he is hurting us when on the floor on the offensive end. He backed off in the middle of a break in the first half because they had guys even with him he got a foul call on one break out, but he didn’t go into the ut guy when he went up and was lucky to get the call cause the guy tried to block his shot.

The ball has to stop sticking to Talen and Marial also. Them dribbling with no purpose makes us ridiculously easy to defend. That’s my biggest criticism of prohm. We just aren’t moving the ball with the pass right now. Spacing is weird.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I know this is nothing new, but hey, gotta chime in with my two cents regardless. This team simply isn't what we all thought they were. And that is fine. They can surprise us and they'll lay plenty of eggs.

The leadership just isn't there, and the basketball IQ is not there (yet). The raw talent is there, clearly, but the overall IQ just isn't there and leadership abilities are not present on this year's team. I do believe Tyrese has the makings of a great leader, time well tell.

So for this year, every one of our scoring threats will just continue to naively interpret "it's time to lead the team" as "I better take the ball and score" (and run into traffic with my head down).

Maybe not so clearly.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I like Lindell, I know he wants the ball. He wants to win.

But he was just awful covering fabres yesterday.

Tyrese just refuses contact, I understand because he’s so slight. But he has to start being willing to get hit on those drives, or he is hurting us when on the floor on the offensive end. He backed off in the middle of a break in the first half because they had guys even with him he got a foul call on one break out, but he didn’t go into the ut guy when he went up and was lucky to get the call cause the guy tried to block his shot.

The ball has to stop sticking to Talen and Marial also. Them dribbling with no purpose makes us ridiculously easy to defend. That’s my biggest criticism of prohm. We just aren’t moving the ball with the pass right now. Spacing is weird.

For those that don't understand the difference between being a complete jerk and saying your players, coach, or team sucks and offering personal opinion / criticism, the above is personal criticism. (S)he did this correctly and didn't take a personal dig at people that some of the others on this board "care" about. Therefore, no defensive reaction.

I do believe this person makes a good point, but I don't think that my team or any of the players suck. They just have some things to fix and I trust that they will figure it out.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We all just need to wake up and realize that this team overall is just lazy, and also not receiving good coaching either IMO.

Prohm always looks like a genius when these guys are hitting shots and they are playing a team that allows them to run all game and play street ball (which doesn't take coaching). If they aren't hitting their shots and are playing a bigger team that doesn't want to run with us, Prohm is completely lost because he basically doesn't run plays or sets to get us baskets or even good looks.

Heck, we still can't run a simple inbounds play. Our guys still don't know how to block out, or are just too lazy to do it? And same goes for defense too.... it either isn't coached, or the guys are just too lazy to give any effort on that end of the floor. We allowed a pretty average Texas team without their best player to score 86 on us. C'mon guys, that isn't even trying to stop them.

So it's pretty simple to me... if we end up playing teams in the NCAA tourney who want to run and play street ball with no defense, we have a shot. Anything else and we'll probably be out in the 1st round and I won't be surprised at all. Just like yesterday's game.... didn't shock me one bit. We can lose by almost 20 to about anyone right now.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
For those that don't understand the difference between being a complete jerk and saying your players, coach, or team sucks and offering personal opinion / criticism, the above is personal criticism. (S)he did this correctly and didn't take a personal dig at people that some of the others on this board "care" about. Therefore, no defensive reaction.

I do believe this person makes a good point, but I don't think that my team or any of the players suck. They just have some things to fix and I trust that they will figure it out.[/QUOTE]

And if they don't, life and the world will move on.

Fanbases are insular and there's plenty of people out there that really don't even know ISU is a tourney team this year, or care for that matter.

cycjob

Oct 10, 2014
As has been evidenced by the comments in this thread, the worst thing about this team is that their play is losing the investment of the fan base. If the team looks like they don't care, the fans lose interest as well.

First time in years I turned away from a game in the middle of the second half because it was apparent this team wasn't capable of a comeback. In the past, I always stuck around because their was a sliver of hope the team could come back. That hope is gone, once this team start circling the drain in a game there is no one, coach or player, capable of pulling them out of the death spiral.