***Official Baylor postgame thread***

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I’d throw some cash at Chris Beard next. He’s always thought highly of Iowa State and Hilton.

It would be TJ. TJ is smart and has sucked up to Jamie. He’s friends with the money people. If we run off prohm, TJ is the coach.

• Winner
Reactions: dahliaclone

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Nobody in their right mind is calling for a coaching change. However the inability of some posters to acknowledge that there seem to exist some in-game coaching challenges is a bit amazing. I’m frustrated at the home losses but can also acknowledge that CSP has always been able to get his team to respond to adversity with big road wins. Responding to success has been more challenging for this group.

I think this is fair, and you and I have not always agreed on all things basketball.

But, there are at least a few people on here, admittedly a few (but quite vocal) who do openly wish for a coaching change.

I can't defend or explain why we're suddenly so mediocre at Hilton; it really is mystifying, and I hope Prohm, his staff, and the team can pull their respective heads out and get it figured out.

Reactions: rochclone

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I’d throw some cash at Chris Beard next. He’s always thought highly of Iowa State and Hilton.

Not happening. Prohm was all in on TJ when Fred left and the president said nope. Look at all the positive tweets about TJ Pollard makes still. The only call he would make would be to TJ and TJ would accept.

• Agree
Reactions: bthebutcher

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Do you watch any other games. How about that Big X xrap fest that caused me to miss the first 4 minutes. A real thrilling 46-44 escape by Purdue. The Big XII has really good coaches.

Yes plenty, there are 5 or 6 ACC teams that would win the big 12 easily

• Creative
Reactions: dahliaclone

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
It would be TJ. TJ is smart and has sucked up to Jamie. He’s friends with the money people. If we run off prohm, TJ is the coach.

I am all in on Prohm and hope he's here a long time. But the sooner everyone realizes there will be no search, no list of candidates, the better. It would be TJ without any doubt.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
The Big 12 doesn’t have any real title contenders this year but watch a couple Pac 12 or Big East games and you’ll see why the B10/B12 are going to get 8 teams in.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
He was a 7 foot tall dude that averaged 7 points and 4 rebs in like 29 minutes per game. He was a good role player on a terrible team.

He averaged 11 pts / 5.5 rebounds per game his senior year. A point and half a rebound less than Jacobson this year but Jamie had over 3x as many blocks and shot over 12% better from the outside. He'd play 20+ minutes for this year's team and likely as much as he did for Fred had he played for us last year

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I am all in on Prohm and hope he's here a long time. But the sooner everyone realizes there will be no search, no list of candidates, the better. It would be TJ without any doubt.

Yeah and if anyone thinks TJ is going to be better than prohm or Fred (And prohm and Fred are very similar) than I guess that’s good. But I don’t think he’s some genius hire.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
First, to say a Sweet 16 team at ISU underachieved is crazy.

And how can you say this team has underachieved already? Despite the roster instability they still have a chance to have as good a conference record as any team since 2000-2001.
I'll actually disagree with this.

I view 2015-2016 as an underachieving year given the talent on that team. McKay, Nader, Thomas, Morris, Niang, Burton? Look at what those guys have done since graduation. That's an incredibly talented team, and there's a reason we were preseason top 10.

The tournament is a crapshoot. Sweet 16 with what we had isnt terrible but its nothing special given what we had either. If any year was the year to make a run, that was it. Being the lowest 4 seed though, after being preseason top 10 and with the talent we had? That's underachieving.

Also finishing 5th, losing game one of the big 12 tournament? With that talent? That's a disappointment, and it also leads to making it harder to go deeper into the tournament. Because we underperformed during the regular season, we ran into a 1 seed in the sweet 16.

I do put last year's blame mostly on Fred though. His recruiting put Prohm in a bad place for that

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Without a doubt you are the most clueless arrogant person on this board. If someone disagrees with you your first response is name calling and trying to demean the person. Your post show very little thought or insight into basketball. I provided an example of an adjustment that could have been made to night but instead of responding to the comment you went right into name calling mode. Next you will like say that my suggestion was so stupid it didn't deserve a response (most likely because you don't have a intelligent response).

You really think we didn’t send people to the boards? Laughable, but here you go.

We seemed like we were moving in clay tonight, wonder if there was some illness on the team

Other than a couple of loose ball scrambles, nick was lifeless tonight. Lindell never let the game come to him. He hit that wide open 3 on the out of bounds play (imagine that), but forced everything else. Jacobson was terrible getting his body into people, and was worse defending the pick and roll. Talen seemed gassed to me, but he let his shooting effect the rest of his game. His hands weren’t nearly as active as they have been, and he wasn’t penetrating and making plays. Seemed more physical than mental.

Lard was terrible his first run, went out and regrouped, and was much better after. Our guards inability to stay in front of their man drew him off his guy, which made a bad rebounding night worse. Marial played his ass off, missed open shots, especially when we needed them at the end. Tyrese made some shots, but got lost on the defensive end a lot, like everyone else.

The hard hedge was good to start the second half. But prohm needed to extend the defense, maybe a little half and three quarter court press to get the guys moving and speed them up, turn them over. A real mistake on his part. They’d have still scored, but we needed energy tonight. The building sounded dead, a

The whole game was just blah. Spurts of energy, but really allowed Baylor to dictate. And pulling the ball out of the net everytime because you can’t get a board, means you can’t run.

Tough night. Disappointed in the way we played. Have to come back Saturday in Ft Worth

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
We found something that worked on offense with Lard facilitating in the middle of the zone and then inexplicably stopped doing it.
Yep. Our 6-1" guard was the recipient of much of those passes trying to score within the trees. Credit to Wiggs for cutting and having the ability to get the shot down or get fouled. Nice looks by Lard.

Weird as it sounds, I would give Lewis some minutes with Lard. Lewis cuts really well and gives another option to the chuck and hope it goes in. We got totally out toughed on the boards too. Bringing Lewis and Conditt can put the normal rotation guys on alert as well as hopefully providing some energy.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering

I view 2015-2016 as an underachieving year given the talent on that team. McKay, Nader, Thomas, Morris, Niang, Burton? Look at what those guys have done since graduation. That's an incredibly talented team, and there's a reason we were preseason top 10.

The tournament is a crapshoot. Sweet 16 with what we had isnt terrible but its nothing special given what we had either. If any year was the year to make a run, that was it. Being the lowest 4 seed though, after being preseason top 10 and with the talent we had? That's underachieving.

Also finishing 5th, losing game one of the big 12 tournament? With that talent? That's a disappointment, and it also leads to making it harder to go deeper into the tournament. Because we underperformed during the regular season, we ran into a 1 seed in the sweet 16.

I do put last year's blame mostly on Fred though. His recruiting put Prohm in a bad place for that

I feel like preseason top 10 was optimistic considering the first round exit the year before along with the coaching change. That team needed to grow throughout the year.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
My first post of the night. This is so far the most disappointing team since the Craig Brackens team. It’s annoying. We have the talent. Just something is missing.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

That first team had 6 guys, the 7th guy was Hallice Cook. Non con it was naz then Deonte became eligible, and he went and had his surgery. The only big was McKay, who had problems and missed some time. They played with Burton as the center in those games. There was no depth, and there were holes.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUChippewa