Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
images

So hard to be sure what's true and isn't with recruiting these days. Who offered, who didn't, what's commitable, what isn't. Just really happy that character counts with KF, this kid seems like both a beast on the field and a really solid person.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So hard to be sure what's true and isn't with recruiting these days. Who offered, who didn't, what's commitable, what isn't. Just really happy that character counts with KF, this kid seems like both a beast on the field and a really solid person.
You and Benji both said he chose Iowa over Sparty. I’m just asking if he could have actually went to Michigan State.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Didn't the article you posted said he had an article from San Jose State Spartans?
Just went back and looked again. I am nearly 100% certain one of the articles I found yesterday indicated MSU. I can't find same article with that text. I am assuming that it was originally incorrectly reported that it was MSU, when in fact it is San Jose State. Good call out.

• Funny
Reactions: CyDude16

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Sounds like 2020 in-state OL Josh Volk is close to a decision, and I see that Trieu on 24/7 switched his crystal ball to Iowa last month.

Volk’s commitment should be coming in the next couple weeks. Would be shocked at this point if it’s not Iowa.

On Iowa, Volk said: "Our relationship is really good. Me and (offensive line) coach (Tim) Polasek text a lot. I’ve been down there, I think, maybe more than 10 times. It’s just a good place. Their school of business is really good. The atmosphere — just, everything is good down there."

On Iowa State, Volk said: "It’s the same thing with Iowa State. Everything is good. Relationships with coaches, everything is good. It's a battle. Those schools are so good."

When it comes to splitting hairs, Volk said he's looking at which school would provide a better experience for him in the classroom.

"Football is fun, but you obviously have to have a back-up plan," he said. "So I’d probably choose the school with the best academics, where I could fit in the most and get the best degree that I would want."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/2915647002

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Seeing some reports that Deuce Hogan picked up a Clemson offer recently. If the Hawks can hang on to this kid it would be huge.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron