Fake football recruit

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Loads of goodies in that article. Including a tweet from the founder of 247 calling rivals "little brother".

Thanks for posting OP.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Someone keep this pulled up for the next time someone complains about stars on a recruit.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
This is great! Reminds me of some stuff we used to pull.

Way back when I was an all district 1a player (my Al Bundy moments) I would get letters from most of the small schools in Nebraska and Iowa, I wasn't realistically going to play in college so a buddy and I would fill out all the letters as this kid who sat at our table in study hall. We gave him ungodly measurements, 40 times, bench, squat etc...we had kind of forgot about it until coaches started showing up to talk to the kid.

It confused our coach to no end and I overheard this kid talking one day about how weird it was that college coaches were contacting him even though he had never played football. What made it great was the kid was actually about 5'4 and may have weighed 100lbs soaking wet. I guess we were catfishing decades ago.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
SiddFinch.jpg

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
A few years ago some buddies and I had an online dynasty on NCAA 14. A couple of the guys made twitter accounts of their teams and tweeted out game scores, highlights and some recruiting news things, just for fun. Well one of the guys accounts was so realistic that he had multiple recruits DM him with their film, grades, and measurements and things like that. Most of them he told them right away he wasn’t real but there were a few extra cocky ones that he led on for a little bit. Funny stuff

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
What this reminds me of is the guy several years ago who held one of those signing ceremonies with the hats and cameras rolling and picked up one of the hats to make his announcement. Only problem was, he never had any offers. Not one. It was all fake, but the media came to cover it, believing it was real. He wasn't even a very good player. There was even a story in the newspaper about his "commitment," which is when the story started unraveling.

Edit: I just looked it up. His name was Kevin Hart (no, not that Kevin Hart) and he "committed" to Cal, who had never heard of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Javinegli

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron