Kansas State vs Iowa State Predictions

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
We barely beat Texas on our court, then eked out a win at OK, followed by the TCU debacle. Let's face it, we have not played well yet in February. We will have to play like the Mississippi game and K State like the A&M game and we can win. If both teams play to their potential then we can still win but home court crowd and officiating will make it very difficult. Hate to say it but to be honest I have no reason to 'expect' a win, but I certainly believe they can win. Won't be shocked or even much surprised if ISU wins. Just like we knew before the season started, we have a deep and talented team and they can win any game if they are "on".

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy and Cydkar

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Wade nor Stokes played in that first Texas game at Manhattan. Shaka has a losing record in the B12 conference. He's the worst coach in the league. I wouldn't try to interpret what he was trying to say but simply accept what he did say which was scoreboard-false.
He probably is the worst. I'd have to put some thought to it (and care) but he has to be a contender.

D

Deleted member 8507

What goes around comes around. ISU has had some unfortunate and badly timed cold spells (KSU at Hilton). Maybe the luck flips this game. And speaking of luck, I don't know what is involved in this metric, but Kenpom has ISU at #270 in luck and KSU at #41.
I said before, 72 is our number. If we hit 72 we win.
Iowa State 73 K State 69

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I know Wade didn't play but they beat them by 20 in Manhattan. Any coach in the world would say the same thing about a team they blew out in their own place. The truth is, they have more talent than K State, probably more than everyone but KU in this league. The problem is, that talent can't overcome his coaching.

What he actually said was " Don't over respect this team", if you read between the lines, he is telling his team to sack up and stop playing like pussies. K State is the most physical team in the league, they can intimidate you, especially a young team like Texas.

At Hilton, we didn't take the first punch or two they threw but eventually started playing tougher. That game was a fist fight, easily the most physical big 12 game I've watched this year. I expect similar this weekend, it seems Lard missing that game isn't getting talked about enough. He could have been the difference and I think he'll have a big impact Saturday.

Would certainly have been nice to have Lard back there to swat down the Barry Brown layup at the end.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I'm going with a tight game where we make plays/free throws down the stretch to win.

ISU- 70
KSU- 67

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Would certainly have been nice to have Lard back there to swat down the Barry Brown layup at the end.

Conditt had been doing just that in the second half, and Prohm pulled him at the end for Jacobson, who just doesn't slide over and help, ever. Prohm admitted it might have been a mistake.

With Lard back? Yeah, I like our chances. ISU 74 KSU 72

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cyclone1995

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I've kept up with this thread over the week and am just as tormented as you trying to forecast the winner. Obviously, there's no way of knowing.

Sneed has to limit Shayok's game again, as he did in Ames, for K-State to win it. I believe that's the key matchup. Wade should be better than he was in Ames going for a grand total of 2 points up there in his first game back after injury. But that could be offset by ISU's youngsters getting better THT and Tyrese. And one never knows what the mercurial Wiggs will bring, but he could be a game changer, one way or the other.

Home court and senior leadership v. raw talent. Should be a great test for both coaches and squads. 68-63 State. :D

• Creative
Reactions: VeloClone

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Kansas State 88 Iowa State 79

Has KSU scored 88 points in a game this year?

I know ISU is not UVA level of defense, but they are not exactly ISU bad defenses of the past 6 or 7 years either.

Guess you are betting the over, and that is like 35 points over the number :)