Hinterland 2019

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
I'll be there Saturday for sure and we'll see if time and money allow for the other days. Pretty sure I would enjoy Kacey Musgraves, Hozier, Brandi Carlile, and Maggie Rogers but they're not exactly must see.

Reactions: Angie

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Ruston Kelly makes some good music.

He’s also married to Kacey Musgraves, and I think she did some backup vocals on his most recent album, so maybe she'll stick around through Sunday.

Blackhawk6515

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 21, 2008
Ruston Kelly makes some good music.

He’s also married to Kacey Musgraves, and I think she did some backup vocals on his most recent album, so maybe she'll stick around through Sunday.

Thanks. I just listened to him at lunch, never heard of him before. He is good. I can always count on fellow CFers' to turn me on to new music.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I am pretty satisfied with the lineup!!! Saturday will for sure be the highlight! Hard to say no to $138 3 day festival!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Dawes puts on an awesome show. Their catalog of music is really strong.

They really do - I enjoyed them a lot at Wooly's a couple years ago when they were there. But I probably will skip Sunday, just because they're really the main draw that day for me.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
They really do - I enjoyed them a lot at Wooly's a couple years ago when they were there. But I probably will skip Sunday, just because they're really the main draw that day for me.
I was at a brewery in the suburbs of Chicago one time when a live acoustic version of "When My Time Comes" came on. I made the place shut their damn mouths so I could Shazam the song and figure out what awesomeness I was hearing.

• Friendly
Reactions: Macloney and Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I was at a brewery in the suburbs of Chicago one time when a live acoustic version of "When My Time Comes" came on. I made the place shut their damn mouths so I could Shazam the song and figure out what awesomeness I was hearing.

That's my favorite of their songs, but I've never heard a live acoustic version! Now I'm off to YouTube to hunt! <3

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Dawes' second album "Nothing is Wrong" is nearly perfect.

It's the only one of their albums I love all the way through, but most of them have a couple of really good songs.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
This whole scene is like

Guy 1: you’ve got to hear this new band that nobody knows about the live show is so great too

Guy 2: everyone knows about them. They are playing at Hinterland not the Hull Ave Tavern

Make sense? This is mainstream music but the fans of it think it is like some small knit scene that no ones knows about outside of a select few.

Basically it's like the Hipster scene. Everyone claims to be different and individuals and yet they all dress the same thing and drink IPA's and other craft beers. Making them all exactly alike. Even more alike than the normal person who just wears normal clothes.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Basically it's like the Hipster scene. Everyone claims to be different and individuals and yet they all dress the same thing and drink IPA's and other craft beers. Making them all exactly alike. Even more alike than the normal person who just wears normal clothes.

Wait...wha? Hipsters don't drink PBR anymore? I thought it was the rest of us drinking the micro's.

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So, talking about music = hipsters. Got it.

Exactly. I could just as easily say the same about these guys just wanting to sound cool and edgy by bashing on everyone with a long beard and sleeves and as a result are just walking in lock-step with the emerging nation of anti-hipsters which, of course, is so un-individualistic.

Trying to paint everyone who's into Hinterland with that brush is just dumb and small-minded. For a lot of us it really is about the music, whether some think it's so mainstream-antimainstream-mainstream or not.

And for the record I have no beard and no ink.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Exactly. I could just as easily say the same about these guys just wanting to sound cool and edgy by bashing on everyone with a long beard and sleeves and as a result are just walking in lock-step with the emerging nation of anti-hipsters which, of course, is so un-individualistic.

Trying to paint everyone who's into Hinterland with that brush is just dumb and small-minded. For a lot of us it really is about the music, whether some think it's so mainstream-antimainstream-mainstream or not.

And for the record I have no beard and no ink.

Omg if you ever start a band call it High Horse.