*** Official Texas Vs #20 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Despite the ugliness, I’m actually more optimistic about the game in Austin now. I would elaborate but I’m pretty sure everybody is sick of me whining about zones.:)

Now that we’ve seen their zone, CSP will have them prepped and ready. And no way we shoot this poorly as team against them again.

Last edited:

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Halliburton needs to be more assertive on offense.

Haliburton has to be on the floor and have the ball to be more assertive on Offense. Unless you think he should scream at his team mates to let him run the show (I might agree with this).

Absolutely shocking Tyrese was on the bench in this game for as long as he was in both halves.

Tyrese was on the floor for 26 of the 34 second half points. Not a coincidence. (Edit should've added that this was impressive considering he only played first 5.5 mins and final 5.5 mins of 2nd half) And in the final 5 mins had 2 huge assists and a bucket.

Haliburton needs to be on the floor more because he is our most willing passer and most willing to set up others to score. Without him on the floor we turn into the ISO Kings and the Offense gets stale.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Prohm didn’t miss all those shots.

No ****. Normal days from Shayok and NW and this is a blow out.

Held the redheaded fella in check and really made Roach have to have a great game which is a good plan.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Haliburton has to be on the floor and have the ball to be more assertive on Offense. Unless you think he should scream at his team mates to let him run the show (I might agree with this).

Absolutely shocking Tyrese was on the bench in this game for as long as he was in both halves.

Tyrese was on the floor for 26 of the 34 second half points. Not a coincidence. And in the final 5 mins had 2 huge assists and a bucket.

Haliburton needs to be on the floor more because he is our most willing passer and most willing to set up others to score. Without him on the floor we turn into the ISO Kings and the Offense gets stale.

He had 24 minutes Wednesday night and all went well.

Agree he's important but that wasn't the reason it was a close game.

Stop finding ways to bash Prohm for winning a close game on a bad shooting day.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf

Tyrese was on the floor for 26 of the 34 second half points. Not a coincidence. And in the final 5 mins had 2 huge assists and a bucket.

I like Haliburton, too. But I hate how he frequently passes up shots to get the ball to a lower percentage shooter on the 3-point line.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA

I'm just saying he passes up a lot of wide open shots. I think everyone agrees he needs to be on the floor more.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Shayok missed 7 point blank at rim shots...not double taps etc..7 diff shots on 7 diff possessions...that is 14 pts..and it’s not like they were reverses or crazy hard shots...

Idk what to say about that game other than we are fortunate to escape.

Yep lid was on the hoop for him and he still was nails late and tbe team.

You can say ISU showed how tough they can be when it's a tough day.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
He had 24 minutes Wednesday night and all went well.

Agree he's important but that wasn't the reason it was a close game.

Stop finding ways to bash Prohm for winning a close game on a bad shooting day.

Bash Prohm? What the heck are you talking about. My response was to someone that said Tyrese needed to be more assertive on Offense! Try reading. And certainly do not mis-quote me to feed one of your narratives.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Bash Prohm, my response to someone that said Tyrese needed to be more assertive on Offense! Try reading. And certainly do not mis-quote me to feed one of your narratives.

Aolpologies....your post seemed familiar to a few...

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Yeah I hated how MJ showed his weakness by hitting a 3 and fighting for rebounds.

He didn't do a whole lot in the 2nd half that I noticed, but he was one of our best players in the first half. That 3 pointer he hit to put us back up by 4 going into halftime was a huge shot.

• Creative
Reactions: Cat Stevens

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He didn't do a whole lot in the 2nd half that I noticed, but he was one of our best players in the first half. That 3 pointer he hit to put us back up by 4 going into halftime was a huge shot.

Some rotations were missed but ISU's perimeter was also leaky today at times.

Texas's bigs didn't get too wild which was really important.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Aolpologies....your post seemed familiar to a few...

Well maybe I struggled passing on tone in my post. This is the first time I have posted in Men's forums this season. However, Taking mins from Haliburton in a close game when 2-3 others aren't getting it done is probably the first gripe I have had with Prohm all year.

I realize that Tyrese only played 24 against WVU but he sat for the last 10 mins of that game cause we were up 20

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
CYCLONES WIN!!!!!!!!!

2k2dge.gif

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Just an FYI, Ole Miss playing Miss St on SEC network right now. Old Miss up 60-59 w/ 10 minutes left. Hopefully they can get this W to help our resume

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

imnclone

Oct 22, 2006
I like Haliburton, too. But I hate how he frequently passes up shots to get the ball to a lower percentage shooter on the 3-point line.

At this point in his career with his slow, low release Haliburton needs to be wide open to shoot 3s. He just isn't going to get up that many shots. He is the ultimate "glue" guy at this point.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Fun playing time stats from today...

Nick passed TH for playing the most minutes this season (of 745 and 743, respectively). Tyrese is averaging 33.7 but only played 26 against WVU and UT-Austin.

Nick is an iron man. He is averaging 33.8 per nigh (and 36.5 since B12 play started up).

Cameron played 21 and Michael 19 -- first time Lard has exceeded Jacobson.

• Informative
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Well maybe I struggled passing on tone in my post. This is the first time I have posted in Men's forums this season. However, Taking mins from Haliburton in a close game when 2-3 others aren't getting it done is probably the first gripe I have had with Prohm all year.

I realize that Tyrese only played 24 against WVU but he sat for the last 10 mins of that game cause we were up 20

LW also had 28 and Shayok was going Wednesday.

Halli may have been effective but if some layups simply go in it's a non-issue.

LW is streaky but you also know he can hit a big 3 at anytime like today.

• Agree
Reactions: Cynonymous