Not to jinx anything but...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
Seeing the development of this team I would have really enjoyed LW healthy for the whole year. We would have still found out how good the freshman are with LW playing.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
He's been lights out the last week but I think he's just getting started. He was vocal last night about WV's inability to guard him. I think he feels like no one can when he's playing like this.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
He played his best game of the season last night on both ends of the court. He's hitting his stride at the right time. Lard is inching closer as well. If those two are playing at a high level in March, the sky is the limit with this team.

That would give you a legit group of 7 P5 high level players, plus Talley, Conditt and Lewis as needed for depth.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
No idea how you defend us when Wigginton, Shayok and THT are on the floor together. You're going to have to put a marginal defensive player on one of them, and maybe two depending on how many "lockdown" defenders the other team has.

True, but I don't think you put all three out there together very often. To me the great advantage is you have 3 scorer/creators, and if one has an off night, it's not going to slow down your offense at all. And you still have 3 other guys on the floor who are highly capable complementary pieces offensively (MJ, Halliburton, Lard, NWB).

You also have everyone getting a few more minutes of rest, which helps late game and next game.

fsanford

Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Now Lard just needs to find a way to stay on the floor. Not going to count last night against him as Jacobson got tagged with some ridiculous calls as well.

Last night if you walked on the floor, you were tagged with a foul, regardless of which team.
Check in, whistle blows, foul.

Its was a training film on how not to referee a game.

Both Prohm and Huggy, were like WTF?

Last edited:

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Now Lard just needs to find a way to stay on the floor. Not going to count last night against him as Jacobson got tagged with some ridiculous calls as well.

Lard has to realize at times it is better to let someone go then foul them. When guys have you beat right under the basket it isn't worth it to get a foul. Just go straight up.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
True, but I don't think you put all three out there together very often. To me the great advantage is you have 3 scorer/creators, and if one has an off night, it's not going to slow down your offense at all. And you still have 3 other guys on the floor who are highly capable complementary pieces offensively (MJ, Halliburton, Lard, NWB).

You also have everyone getting a few more minutes of rest, which helps late game and next game.

Yeah, not often, but sometimes. It's a potent go-to option for when we really need a bucket at the end of a game. In that situation, I'm going Babb/Wigginton/THT/Shayok/Lard.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I wonder if Wiggington's struggles early on were because he still wasn't 100% as well. He was finishing really well around the basket against WVU.

Wiggington's wrist was bothering him so hopefully it won't be an issue going forward. Didn't seem to affect his free throws.