Refs were terrible both ways

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I don't think you can ref the garbage WVU plays well. You're never going to be in a good position. You need twice as many sets of eyes and the ability to confer about whether to call a foul or not.
This. They put the refs in a tough spot and end up forcing a game with constant make up calls. I hate watching them play.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I thought refs were being taught not to fall for flops. WV was flopping all night and got several fouls called against us with them. Really pathetic officiating. Then the one time their guy flops after shooting a three, Huggy gets T'd up because for once they didn't call the foul. I don't blame him, he was getting that call all night, this flop was no more phony than the others.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It was so bad both ways tonight that I was actually cheering on Huggy for going after them, and not just because it was helping out ISU. Those refs deserved to hear an earful from someone. I wouldn't have blamed Prohm for it either had he done it.

It was just really bad both ways. As bad as I've seen.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I thought refs were being taught not to fall for flops. WV was flopping all night and got several fouls called against us with them. Really pathetic officiating. Then the one time their guy flops after shooting a three, Huggy gets T'd up because for once they didn't call the foul. I don't blame him, he was getting that call all night, this flop was no more phony than the others.

I think Hugs was just getting hungry (hangry?) and was ready to get out of there.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
It was so bad both ways tonight that I was actually cheering on Huggy for going after them, and not just because it was helping out ISU. Those refs deserved to hear an earful from someone. I wouldn't have blamed Prohm for it either had he done it.

It was just really bad both ways. As bad as I've seen.

I agree. The way the refs called the game really made it tough to watch. There are just too many new rules being put in the past couple of years and the calls are just becoming too inconsistent. It's gotta be maddening to a coach especially when the refs don't communicate what they are seeing.