Winter Jan 30-31, we're all going to die!

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
I don't know what you are talking about. The C-4 and C3 lots are ALWAYS pretty empty. Always.

All the Director level donors get 2 passes, one is a reserved spot in C-1 or C-2 and I think the other one, at least in a lot of cases is in the C-3/4 or D1/2 area. I'm guessing a lot of those second passes don't get used much so that might be why those are pretty empty all the time. I have a feeling the crowd is going to pretty small tomorrow and I bet there aren't too many people that end up parking further away than normal.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: CyTwins and Cycsk

CyAg

May 22, 2006
I like how those that have the rock star parking insist the high dollar donor lots are always full despite those of us mere mortals that walk through row after row of emptiness having eyes and a sense of depth. I’ve been going to games most of my 36 years on this planet and I’ve yet to remember a time where any of the donor spots were more than 50% full, and the really good ones are rarely 25% full.

I realize the lots have natural dividers so they are vastly larger than those donor bases, but that seems like something that could be changed over time - especially since the concrete has been falling apart **** for 20+ years. I’d like a small fraction of our facility dollars to go towards the infrastructure for a change as that would be the best way to make things safe and family friendly.
Sir, we have met, but your facts are off base here on percentages for parking. Just my 2 cents.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Correct facts are just that, facts, the rest may be incorrect and thereby not facts, but assertions.
giphy.gif

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I like how those that have the rock star parking insist the high dollar donor lots are always full despite those of us mere mortals that walk through row after row of emptiness having eyes and a sense of depth. I’ve been going to games most of my 36 years on this planet and I’ve yet to remember a time where any of the donor spots were more than 50% full, and the really good ones are rarely 25% full.

I realize the lots have natural dividers so they are vastly larger than those donor bases, but that seems like something that could be changed over time - especially since the concrete has been falling apart **** for 20+ years. I’d like a small fraction of our facility dollars to go towards the infrastructure for a change as that would be the best way to make things safe and family friendly.

I like how those who come in an hour before games talk about the lots being full as if they actually saw how full they are closer to tipoff.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Reminds me of a winter when my brother-in-law was hauling cattle. People passing him on I-80 kept pointing at his trailer and honking. He didn’t know why until he reached his destination and discovered a cat frozen to the top of a fender.

So essentially the feline winter equivalent of this?

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I have some pigs I wanted to go to the locker a week ago, but due to deer I can't get them in until Sunday night. They are bedded deep and loving life. I am the dumbass who has to make sure the water isn't frozen and they have feed.

They are in a drafty ass barn. It's ******* cold.

• Informative
Reactions: stinkbaitcatfish

aforstate

Jan 23, 2010
I had a paper-route too when I was a kid but retired from that at about 11 or 12.

Not sure if that is supposed to be some kind of dig at me being a blue collar worker, but I like my job, and someone has to do it. I don't really know how else to interpret it. If that was your intention, get off your high horse and try to be less of an *******.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I have some pigs I wanted to go to the locker a week ago, but due to deer I can't get them in until Sunday night. They are bedded deep and loving life. I am the dumbass who has to make sure the water isn't frozen and they have feed.

*raises hand*

Hi. Ignorant city girl.

What do deer have to do with not being able to get your pigs to the locker?

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
This 'half empty donor lot' thing some of you repeat is garbage.

I park in D1\2 C3\4 regularly and those lots are almost always full, especailly D1\2 and C3. Maybe you get there earlier before they fill up.

Someone is going to have to park farther away regardless. All this did was **** over donors who had paid for the privilege of better parking- something ISU touts as one of the benefits of donating.

If they really wanted to improve things they should have gotten some shuttles running from the outer lots to help people get up to the arena faster. Could probably get a cyride bus or two since those will be at low capacity tomorrow.

Do you really think they'll be full tomorrow? Great move by Pollard with workers safety in mind more than anything I suspect. Suck it up buttercup.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

Cyczech

Feb 24, 2013
Rockford IL

yes but think of the quality Iowa pork products. chops, sausages and bacon. hmmmm bacon. today's pain for tomorrow's smoked pork products.