Official KU postgame thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
I don't know what the answer is for Wiggy, whether he should be starting or how many minutes he should see right now. If he shoots better last night we most likely win that game.

If he rounds out into last years form by the second half of conference play then we're in for a fun March.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
1. Lawson made tough shots...all night long. Looked like Niang out there.
2. Outcoached in 2nd half. Prohm has to make defensive adjustments.
3. We can't make free throws when it matters most.
4. Something's going on upstairs with LW. You can see it in his eyes. He's really messed up right now; not enjoying the game; forcing everything. It's Prohm's #1 challenge the rest of the season.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I HATE having both our KU games so early. It's an 18 game conference season. We're only 7 games in, and we've already played them twice. No shot at them later in the year when it may have bigger implications for the conference title.

Look at it the other way too. We've already played 4 of our 6 tougest games (2x KU, KSU, TTU). Schedule sets up for a potential run here. If we can win games we should win, that TTU game at the end may mean a lot.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Let's see how many more bad losses we can have this year. Wouldn't be shocked if we dropped the game at home to WVU after coming off a loss to Ole Miss.

This team clearly wasn't out for a moral victory.

Fans can be pleased with the effort shown and still not be thinking it was a moral victory.

I love people who appear out of nowhere every time there's a moment of adversity, preaching that no one should be happy and that we should EXPECT BETTER and then go on to predict doom. Lol at that.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
This team clearly wasn't out for a moral victory.

Fans can be pleased with the effort shown and still not be thinking it was a moral victory.

I love people who appear out of nowhere every time there's a moment of adversity, preaching that no one should be happy and that we should EXPECT BETTER and then go on to predict doom. Lol at that.

I don't know. I'm entertained by the crowd that demands we expect wins at Kansas. It really adds a certain something to our craziness here.

Maybe it's blood pressure. Maybe it's gas. Whatever it is, it's something.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Compare the two games - and then make your judgments. We won at home by 17, and lost (at one of the toughest venues in all of college basketball) on the road by 4. We struggled at home in the first half, and took control in the second half. Just the opposite on the road....although as some on here have mentioned, the 14-0 run could have turned into a disaster. Major props for our guys not letting that happen. And that 4-point loss came with us getting virtually nothing out of (arguably) our best player.

I didn't have a problem with CSP's coaching last night. His style isn't flashy or innovative, but it's effective. I think he wants his kids steady and low-key, like he is. That way they aren't so prone to letting their emotions change their game.

Let's wait and see what happens Saturday - I have a feeling this loss may eat at them, and turn into a positive factor down the road. The glass is still way more than half full for me.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I don't know. I'm entertained by the crowd that demands we expect wins at Kansas. It really adds a certain something to our craziness here.

Maybe it's blood pressure. Maybe it's gas. Whatever it is, it's something.

No doubt. I’m also entertained by the crowd that thinks if a fan has anything positive to say after a loss, they are accepting it.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
I'll say this, I'm sick of being the moral victory fan-base. Every year it is the same boring, tired excuse for why we couldn't win.

Sure, the quality of the team might be different but the objective is the same - JUST WIN. It's pretty simple if we ever expect to win a B12 title we have to win these tough games.

What are you basing this "we are a moral victory fan base" thing? I'm not seeing it and I think you are just making it up so you have something to argue. I would agree if you said we can be a whiny cry baby fan base.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
Terrance Lewis
Zoran Talley
Eric Steyer

People who would’ve had more of an impact against Kansas than Lindell for $500, Trebek

I said that on Twitter and got roasted...here's the deal, great basketball players know when they are not "on" and then do their best to get other player involved...step up defense...hustle...you know, all the stuff that Lindell didn't appear to do.

I love the guy and he's got a huge upside...but this isn't an open gym...you don't just chuck it and drive like nobody else is on the court. ANYONE could have been more effective...and that's will all due respect to Lindell.

Also, I wish Babb was more selfish. He's so much better than what he gives himself credit for.

I"m done...we'll be fine...but our bench is too deep not to see some of the guys you mentioned.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I said that on Twitter and got roasted...here's the deal, great basketball players know when they are not "on" and then do their best to get other player involved...step up defense...hustle...you know, all the stuff that Lindell didn't appear to do.

I love the guy and he's got a huge upside...but this isn't an open gym...you don't just chuck it and drive like nobody else is on the court. ANYONE could have been more effective...and that's will all due respect to Lindell.

Also, I wish Babb was more selfish. He's so much better than what he gives himself credit for.

I"m done...we'll be fine...but our bench is too deep not to see some of the guys you mentioned.

Not to ruin the narrative, but he only took 8 shots in 25 minutes. 8. He spent most of his time trying to create for others. Defense wasn't great. Hustle was fine. I hope that Coach Prohm starts him just to shake up the routine and give him some confidence.