Official KU postgame thread

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I think this team is dearly missing an inside presence. Having Solo would have probably stopped at least a couple of layups. With that being said you have to make free throws and some kind of adjustment on defense. Wigginton should not have seen the minutes he did

• Dislike
Reactions: psyclone51

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Fair, Lawson was unreal tonight and would have probably found a way to put up pointsWould have still liked to see something, but I guess I still question the general philosophy a bit if your two main bench guys are as inconsistent as ours currently are.
The Lard situation sucked tonight. Be never got the chance to get going. His first two pairs of fouls came in succession, so he was limited in terms of minutes.

They probably were all correctly called, but you can tell it really bothers Cam when he gets dinged with a ticky tack foul. He's the type that would rather foul you really hard, so when he gets a cheapy while being aggressive, he gets frustrated.

He wasn't the answer for guarding Lawson tonight anyway. I'm not sure who, or what, the answer would have been. The guy was a beast.

crayhons

Mar 6, 2013
That game is nothing like a game against Baylor, and a home game in Hilton.

As fans, we can have moral victories. We don't play, don't scout, and don't come up with game plans.

I'll say this, I'm sick of being the moral victory fan-base. Every year it is the same boring, tired excuse for why we couldn't win.

Sure, the quality of the team might be different but the objective is the same - JUST WIN. It's pretty simple if we ever expect to win a B12 title we have to win these tough games.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Lewis, maybe. But Conditt could have given at least some semblance of a rim protector. He sure didn’t look lost when he put up 9 & 4 against KSU. Obviously Lawson is a different cat, but I don’t think having a shot blocker to deter Garrett from making the same drive down the lane all night would have hurt.
I think the rim protector idea is a little overplayed, and would've had little impact tonight. When the guards are getting blown by that badly, helping off Lawson makes for a pretty much sure fire bucket anyway. Easy lob or even just get the ball around the rim and Lawson has a putback. There were a few times when KU got ISU to switch and we got THT or Lard on Garrett.
I think we see what the weakness of this team is, and it is staying with really quick guards like Garrett. The first game vs OSU was bad with Weathers as well. ISU has great length in the backcourt, but is not all that quick or good defensively. Not the end of the world, but just a weakness ISU has to deal with.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I'll say this, I'm sick of being the moral victory fan-base. Every year it is the same boring, tired excuse for why we couldn't win.

Sure, the quality of the team might be different but the objective is the same - JUST WIN. It's pretty simple if we ever expect to win a B12 title we have to win these tough games.
I agree, absolutely have to win games like the KSU one in Hilton, but you can't win every close game. If they had beat KSU, beat tech like they did, and played ku this tough in phog, then it wouldn't be an issue.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
My main question...What is Prohm’s aversion to playing more than 7-8 guys? When you have two guys as volatile as Wiggy and Lard, wouldn’t you want to at least have a couple of guys that could give you 5-10 mins on nights like tonight when those two give you absolutely nothing. You can’t tell me it would honestly hurt you to give Talley, Lewis, or Conditt a few of their minutes?

Obviously when those two are playing well, they should get those minutes. But when one fouls out in 6 minutes and the other can’t hit a shot but insists on forcing the issue and making bad decisions all night, I wonder why he doesn’t budge on this line of thinking.

Most coaches only play 7-8 guys. Its not like Talley or Lewis have played well, when given the chance, since conference play has started. As for Conditt if he is not 100% should he really be out there tonight.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

crayhons

Mar 6, 2013
I agree, absolutely have to win games like the KSU one in Hilton, but you can't win every close game. If they had beat KSU, beat tech like they did, and played ku this tough in phog, then it wouldn't be an issue.

Let's see how many more bad losses we can have this year. Wouldn't be shocked if we dropped the game at home to WVU after coming off a loss to Ole Miss.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I think Lindell should get the start. From the recliner it just look a like he’s constantly pressing. I think starting, getting a few more minutes might be the key to letting him get into a groove.

I’m not too negative on this one, plenty of excuses to give up and they were right there until the end. The end of game issues we saw two weeks ago seem to be getting ironed out. Just need to get more from Lindell and Cam.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: CyTwins and Cyclad

crayhons

Mar 6, 2013
In regards to the tournament committee, we don't really have a "bad loss" A home loss to a 14-4 team that's tied for first in the big 12 is our worst loss.

I'm sure we'll do fine as seeding goes, but this team reeks of inconsistency. Come tournament time we can't have a guy like Wigginton and/or Lard to play like they did tonight.

We're 0-3 playing as a ranked team, with a chance to go 1-3 or 0-4 on Saturday. We have to play better when the pressure is on or it could be one and done in the tournament. Saturday is an opportunity for a OOC win against a ranked opponent.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I'll say this, for as bad as some fans are on here after a loss, Facebook comments are WAY worse. Not surprising, there's some very uneducated, opinionated people out there, in all subjects.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

As a fan, what else are you going to do? Practice harder so you can cheer louder from your couch? Hit the gym and shoot 1000 free throws so you’re prepared for when you’re at the bar watching the game? It literally does nothing for you as a fan to sit there and just be angry about a game. Move on to the next. I get what you’re saying if it were coaches or players, but there’s not a damn thing that will change if you sit there and stew on the game and be angry about it.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I'm sure we'll do fine as seeding goes, but this team reeks of inconsistency. Come tournament time we can't have a guy like Wigginton and/or Lard to play like they did tonight.

We're 0-3 playing as a ranked team, with a chance to go 1-3 or 0-4 on Saturday. We have to play better when the pressure is on or it could be one and done in the tournament.
I don't think we're ranked now, and even if we were, I'm not sure how our record as a ranked team means anything. I'll be more interested in overall record, and who we beat to get there.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I'll say this, for as bad as some fans are on here after a loss, Facebook comments are WAY worse. Not surprising, there's some very uneducated, opinionated people out there, in all subjects.

It’s as emotional as some here but with a lot less knowledge. I enjoy it, they’re always so predictable.

• Agree
Reactions: WastedTalent

JaCyn

Mar 18, 2017
As a fan, what else are you going to do? Practice harder so you can cheer louder from your couch? Hit the gym and shoot 1000 free throws so you’re prepared for when you’re at the bar watching the game? It literally does nothing for you as a fan to sit there and just be angry about a game. Move on to the next. I get what you’re saying if it were coaches or players, but there’s not a damn thing that will change if you sit there and stew on the game and be angry about it.
Everything you said is 100% true. I know this in my head, unfortunately my emotions keep messing with logic.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron