UConn’s struggling Athletics Dept

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
That could have been us if we had ended up in what is now the American.

Yikes.

Thank goodness for... whatever it was. Pollard, etc., not really sure. Considering the state of our FB and MBB programs, facilities, size and quality of the university, and the devotion of our fan base, I would have think we are okay next time around.

Maybe. Hopefully.

I wonder why Notre Dame did not try to park their non-football teams in the Big East. Seems the perfect place to put them with all of those Catholic schools.

Better than the ACC, perhaps.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Is that bad?

giphy.gif

Reactions: BoxsterCy

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Is it true that UConn must abandon some wins under the Kevin Ollie regime? Give us our National Championship Trophy then!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
If by owned you mean was a total as s then yes.

Oh yeah he's a total jerk, but he still made a lot of good points. His salary and his program is not the fault of the overall athletic department in the red.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
UCONN has basketball history with the old Big East teams. It is also a major basketball brand out east. I think they could make it work without many issues.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
UCONN has basketball history with the old Big East teams. It is also a major basketball brand out east. I think they could make it work without many issues.
Except the fact the BE doesnt currently want them.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
No one wants UConn because their program currently sucks and their reputation as a rampant cheater. It does not break my heart to see them suffering.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
UConn, USF, Cincy, NM State and Idaho ended up being the biggest losers in realignment.

You could add BYU in there but I think their case was more self inflicted.

I barely count USF because they never really had the basketball claim on the Big East and are about identical to UCF who never got the temporary BCS promotion.

scottwv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 18, 2011
Melrose Iowa
Okay, fine - it's a nondenominational Christian university. Is UConn going to become that anytime soon?

I think the key will be Football. The new big east is not going to let any school in that as a FBS football team....that broke them up last time

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I said currently and that article is not a lot to think about yet.

The idea is out there. First rule of realignment. Wheres there is smoke, there is usually fire of some sort. 40 million deficit in one year can obviously not be sustained and will drive tough decisions. Article is from December 2018. The AAC is currently working with its members for a GOR. UCONNs gonna have to make a course change at some point.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron