UConn’s struggling Athletics Dept

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Unless UConn stops being a public school and becomes a Catholic/Jesuit school, they can forget about being in the new Big East. Post-realignment it's now a Catholic league.

I don't think that would be an issue. I've seen articles in the past with them wondering about adding St. Louis and Wichita state before. Albeit that was before Wichita States move to the AAC.

• Agree
Reactions: ForbinsAscynt

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The Big East will want to keep the non catholic schools at less than 30% of the conference, that's how they got to keep the name.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Agree
Reactions: Prone2Clone

Diggame

Sep 7, 2009
STL
I don't think that would be an issue. I've seen articles in the past with them wondering about adding St. Louis and Wichita state before. Albeit that was before Wichita States move to the AAC.

SLU is Catholic

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
This is going to be a continuing problem for all the G5 schools that try and keep up with the spending habits of the P5 schools. Houston, UCONN, Cincinnati and the rest are all looking at the school continuing to pump major dollars into their sports program to keep playing football.
All of these school lack the necessary TV money to continue this much longer. That is the reason Houston was do despite to get the invite to the Big 12.

It also shows that even with a World Class Woman's basketball team, they cannot even break even in that sport. Losing 3 million dollars this past year.

The outlook for the non P5 is dim at best, and is just another reason for ISU to keep improving so that IF the Big 12 goes belly up, we will still have a seat at the P5 table in another conference.