*** Official Oklahoma State VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I’ve been saying this every game since his second game back. If we lose, everyone totally agrees with me. If we win, a ton of people disagree with me, some even the same people that previously agreed with me on it. So, because our board is so ******* bi-Polar, I’ve just stopped saying it. But he definitely looked today line he’s shaken off the dust and cobwebs and is back into game shape.

Same with Cam. It's the little things but I think on his first touch tonight he had a nice pivot, dribble, and up that showed how comfortable he is with his movements in the speed of the game.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
When the game is over, I hope you boo-birds come back and look at your mid-game posts and see what silliness it is. Like a team is supposed to play at the exact same level on offence and defense throughout the game - no ups and no downs. Wish it was so. NOT.
I didn’t boo at all. I expected to win no matter who was playing. But it was obvious in the first half and again in the second half when lard and Lindell came in so did the energy. It’s a depleted okst team so it didn’t matter but it might be the difference in other games. You're kinda reaching with your self righteous fan bullsh** on this one.

• Friendly
Reactions: Texbudman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I didn’t boo at all. I expected to win no matter who was playing. But it was obvious in the first half and again in the second half when lard and Lindell came in so did the energy. It’s a depleted okst team so it didn’t matter but it might be the difference in other games. You're kinda reaching with your self righteous fan bullsh** on this one.

I don't think it's an energy thing--Wiggs and Lard are just better.

It might be the difference in other games...like it was tonight.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Same with Cam. It's the little things but I think on his first touch tonight he had a nice pivot, dribble, and up that showed how comfortable he is with his movements in the speed of the game.

I’ve said the same about Cam, but I’ve also said that you could easily sway me on that because Jacobson has played so well this season. Wiggi not starting at this point is a thousand times more confusing to me than Cam. While I personally would start Cam, I 100% understand why Prohm hasn’t yet and I don’t have a problem with it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I’ve said the same about Cam, but I’ve also said that you could easily sway me on that because Jacobson has played so well this season. Wiggi not starting at this point is a thousand times more confusing to me than Cam. While I personally would start Cam, I 100% understand why Prohm hasn’t yet and I don’t have a problem with it.

I don't have a problem with either one not starting if currently the rhythm of the game is working with the current rotations.

CSP has said LW will be starting and I'd assume it will be soon. What Lard can do and what MJ can do are both good things even if coming off the bench...it's just a timing thing. If MJ starts hitting 3s again the defense is stretched and if Cam can continue to get those put backs other teams will hate them both.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
He’s been the leader all season long. I think a lot of people just see he doesn’t score 18 a game and the ignore EVERYTHING he does on the floor.
I agree. Early on this season, I described him as "the glue". We really missed him last year. He doesn't stuff stat sheets, but he has a great feel for where everyone else is, and works his ass off on D.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I agree. Early on this season, I described him as "the glue". We really missed him last year. He doesn't stuff stat sheets, but he has a great feel for where everyone else is, and works his ass off on D.

So something I’ve kind of been watching throughout the season that I’m curious if anyone else has noticed, but the players that posters here have been shitting on are all players from last years team and the ones they’ll defend to the death are all players that didn’t play last year. NWB has been the biggest whipping boy for posters despite how well he’s played. Cam is second (though that will probably at least change for the next two days until we see how he does against Kansas) and Wiggi since coming back, while people haven’t been shitting on him, they’ve spent a lot of time undermining his abilities and talents to prop up other players. Meanwhile if you say anything that even resembles not being 100% positive about THT, Hali, Shayok or Jacobson, groups of people will jump on you for it.

I think there are some people that are letting the bad taste in their mouth from last season continue to linger into this season and not allow them to see the players all for what they currently are.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So something I’ve kind of been watching throughout the season that I’m curious if anyone else has noticed, but the players that posters here have been shitting on are all players from last years team and the ones they’ll defend to the death are all players that didn’t play last year. NWB has been the biggest whipping boy for posters despite how well he’s played. Cam is second (though that will probably at least change for the next two days until we see how he does against Kansas) and Wiggi since coming back, while people haven’t been shitting on him, they’ve spent a lot of time undermining his abilities and talents to prop up other players. Meanwhile if you say anything that even resembles not being 100% positive about THT, Hali, Shayok or Jacobson, groups of people will jump on you for it.

I think there are some people that are letting the bad taste in their mouth from last season continue to linger into this season and not allow them to see the players all for what they currently are.

I'm fascinated by how perspectives are so different with certain players. Deondre Kane was definitely an alpha type that did great things, but I personally saw him also as overly dramatic and to me he had some odd mannerisms/behaviors that would be labeled as 'body language' for Cam.

Just out of curiosity, looked up a random game that happened to be 5 years ago (1/18/14) and the dude had SEVEN turnovers in a loss at Texas. I'm sure there were concerns about it but were people giving him the same treatment?

• Creative
Reactions: jim4

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
I’ve been saying this every game since his second game back. If we lose, everyone totally agrees with me. If we win, a ton of people disagree with me, some even the same people that previously agreed with me on it. So, because our board is so ******* bi-Polar, I’ve just stopped saying it. But he definitely looked today line he’s shaken off the dust and cobwebs and is back into game shape.
Bi-polar hell, some on here are octo-polar........each half.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

jim4

Sep 27, 2014
I'm fascinated by how perspectives are so different with certain players. Deondre Kane was definitely an alpha type that did great things, but I personally saw him also as overly dramatic and to me he had some odd mannerisms/behaviors that would be labeled as 'body language' for Cam.

Just out of curiosity, looked up a random game that happened to be 5 years ago (1/18/14) and the dude had SEVEN turnovers in a loss at Texas. I'm sure there were concerns about it but were people giving him the same treatment?

Sure, but DeAndre Kane inbounded a ball to himself off of Woodbury's back and scored. AND scored the winning bucket vs UNC in the tourney. You may have a valid point, idk, but Kane is a boss

• Agree
Reactions: 67CY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Sure, but DeAndre Kane inbounded a ball to himself off of Woodbury's back and scored. AND scored the winning bucket vs UNC in the tourney. You may have a valid point, idk, but Kane is a boss

This exactly what I mean.

After the bucket he just walked under the hoop instead of playing the ball when UNC still had time to do something before they screwed up. Did anyone question it?

NWB's steady AF and Chris Beard's praising him as one of his favorite players in the conference. Does that make him a 'boss'?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
This exactly what I mean.

After the bucket he just walked under the hoop instead of playing the ball when UNC still had time to do something before they screwed up. Did anyone question it?

NWB's steady AF and Chris Beard's praising him as one of his favorite players in the conference. Does that make him a 'boss'?

Posters did question it. Dodged a bullet there.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
This team is defiantly a work in progress. We have stretch's were we look like a top 10 team, and then we look clueless for 3-5 minutes where we throw up quick shots and look like we are in a daze. Coming out of the half, at home, we scored 2 points the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half. We still have not developed the killer instinct to bury at team like OSU even at home.

I know we are still mixing and matching players because of injuries and suspensions, but it would really be nice to see us push past that and learn to grind it out each time down the floor, run when its there, but make it shot count. The defense has improved over last year, we are seeing fewer and fewer uncontested layups but we still need to box out on the defensive end of the floor and limit second and third chances.

It was a win, not a great win but a win that with help, moved us into a tie for first place. We have a chance to take a huge step Monday at Kansas. Go Cyclones

Last edited:

Dingus

May 23, 2013
If there’s a post that expresses anything positive about Lard, and it has 1 disagree, you always know it’s one of the same two posters without even looking. Every. Single. Time.

• Informative
Reactions: cyrocksmypants