*** Official Oklahoma State VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
They lost to TT but wouldn't they have a game/seed up on ISU if the Big 12 tournament started today?
But Tech would have a game up on them, and we would have a game up on Tech. Basically its a 4 way tie for first; tiebreakers are meaningless at this point.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don’t know how tie breakers work, but: K State lost to Tech, Tech lost to ISU and ISU lost to KState. If Kansas has only played one of those teams and it was a loss to ISU, then I think it would be a 3 way tie, but I don’t know how it would rank when the top 3 tied have each lost to just one of the other top 3 teams with different losses for each. Does it go to the ranking of their next loss? Overall record?

Looks like you may have to go to the ISR boards, and ask the Hawk fans how the B1G figures this stuff out since they have teams that don't play one another an equal amount of times.

Reactions: Acylum

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I don’t know how tie breakers work, but: K State lost to Tech, Tech lost to ISU and ISU lost to KState. If Kansas has only played one of those teams and it was a loss to ISU, then I think it would be a 3 way tie, but I don’t know how it would rank when the top 3 tied have each lost to just one of the other top 3 teams with different losses for each. Does it go to the ranking of their next loss? Overall record?

In a 4 way tie such as now It would go to a mini round robin. Obviously too early to have the full record on that, but currently its

ISU 2-1
Tech 1-1
KSU 1-1
KU 0-1

So we'd be the 1 seed, then texas tech and KSU would be tied, but since Tech has the win over KSU they'd be the 2 seed.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
In a 4 way tie such as now It would go to a mini round robin. Obviously too early to have the full record on that, but currently its

ISU 2-1
Tech 1-1
KSU 1-1
KU 0-1

So we'd be the 1 seed, then texas tech and KSU would be tied, but since Tech has the win over KSU they'd be the 2 seed.

So technically, we’re currently first?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Looks like you may have to go to the ISR boards, and ask the Hawk fans how the B1G figures this stuff out since they have teams that don't play one another an equal amount of times.

They do a mini round robin same as us, they just go by winning percentage even if the number of games against the tied group differs.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They do a mini round robin same as us, they just go by winning percentage even if the number of games against the tied group differs.

Isn't it not the same though if they don't play everyone twice? Basically what the Big 12 did when it was actually 12 teams and two divisions although I don't know if the B1G goes by divisions in the same way.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Isn't it not the same though if they don't play everyone twice? Basically what the Big 12 did when it was actually 12 teams and two divisions although I don't know if the B1G goes by divisions in the same way.
From the big 10 tiebreakers:

B. Multiple team tie:

1. Results of head-to-head competition during the regular-season.

a. When comparing records against the tied teams, the team with the higher winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against the team or group are unequal (i.e., 2-0 is better than 3-1, but 2-0 is not better than 1-0).

b. After the top team among the tied teams is determined, the second team is ranked by its record among the original tied teams, not the head-to-head record vs. the remaining team(s).

2. If the remaining teams are still tied, then each tied team’s record shall be compared to the team occupying the highest position in the final regular-season standings, continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I think technically we’re in a tie for first because we’d all share the title. The tiebreakers are only needed to seed the tournament which is separate.

That's true as well. If 4 teams somehow ended up tied at the end of the season, all 4 would claim regular season titles.

• Agree
Reactions: Jayshellberg

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I think we're at the point where Lindell needs to be in the starting lineup going forward

I’ve been saying this every game since his second game back. If we lose, everyone totally agrees with me. If we win, a ton of people disagree with me, some even the same people that previously agreed with me on it. So, because our board is so ******* bi-Polar, I’ve just stopped saying it. But he definitely looked today line he’s shaken off the dust and cobwebs and is back into game shape.

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
Idk why when they end a half hot we go back to the starting lineup to slow everything back down.
When the game is over, I hope you boo-birds come back and look at your mid-game posts and see what silliness it is. Like a team is supposed to play at the exact same level on offence and defense throughout the game - no ups and no downs. Wish it was so. NOT.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Lots of good things today. Lindell was good. Cam was good.

But I have to give a big shout out to Nick. It probably wasn't obvious to a lot of people, but I thought he played really, really hard. He was diving on the floor for loose balls. When Oklahoma State went on their runs, it was almost like Nick said "**** it, I'll take care of this". I thought he was the most important player today.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
When the game is over, I hope you boo-birds come back and look at your mid-game posts and see what silliness it is. Like a team is supposed to play at the exact same level on offence and defense throughout the game - no ups and no downs. Wish it was so. NOT.

I mean, while there's something to be said for Wiggy coming in later in the first half, in a game like today, there also could have been some benefit in putting the hammer down early in the second half to take them completely out of the game. Not doing that nearly let them back in the game.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Lots of good things today. Lindell was good. Cam was good.

But I have to give a big shout out to Nick. It probably wasn't obvious to a lot of people, but I thought he played really, really hard. He was diving on the floor for loose balls. When Oklahoma State went on their runs, it was almost like Nick said "**** it, I'll take care of this". I thought he was the most important player today.

NWB has been playing great pretty much all season long. It amazes me how many people **** on him all of the time.