All Iowa/ISU Wrestling Lineup

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Pretty easy. Gomez won against a sub-100% DeSanto a month and a half ago as a result of a late TD and back points. Good win for him for sure. Other than that Gomez hasn't beaten anyone good and in the past week was stuck by an unranked wrestler from Rider. In the past week DeSanto has beaten #8 Lizak and #3 Suriano and when the next rankings come out will be ranked higher than AG. Sorry. AG a very good wrestler.

ISU was ranked in football most of the last half of the season and Iowa wasn't as well, but you wouldn't say you'd take ISU over Iowa.

Just admit you're not looking at this rationally at all, that's fine. We're all fans of our favorite team, no biggie.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
ISU was ranked in football most of the last half of the season and Iowa wasn't as well, but you wouldn't say you'd take ISU over Iowa.

Just admit you're not looking at this rationally at all, that's fine. We're all fans of our favorite team, no biggie.

Haha, You said AG "absolutely destroyed" AD and I'm the irrational one. Funny. My last post presents a pretty rational reason DeSanto would be the guy at 133.

• Agree
Reactions: Shawker

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Pretty easy. Gomez won against a sub-100% DeSanto a month and a half ago as a result of a late TD and back points. Good win for him for sure. Other than that Gomez hasn't beaten anyone good and in the past week was stuck by an unranked wrestler from Rider. In the past week DeSanto has beaten #8 Lizak and #3 Suriano and when the next rankings come out will be ranked higher than AG. Sorry. AG a very good wrestler.

Lizak is broke now, he beat Suriano thanks to some very questionable stalling calls and he's a loose cannon. If you want to put together a team in March it's not with the guy that's going to cost you team points and try to injure people when he's getting beat. Don't be dumb

• Dislike
Reactions: TheSuperGenius

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Lizak is broke now, he beat Suriano thanks to some very questionable stalling calls and he's a loose cannon. If you want to put together a team in March it's not with the guy that's going to cost you team points and try to injure people when he's getting beat. Don't be dumb

Yeah it's going to be with the guy who gets pinned by an unranked wrestler from Rider...

giphy.gif

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah it's going to be with the guy who gets pinned by an unranked wrestler from Rider...

giphy.gif

You're going with a guy that's cost you team points in how many matches in a row and a terrible track record in March? Lol I honestly thought you understood the sport so I hope you're just trolling.

Desanto is a fine wrestler. He didn't get pinned by Gomez which was impressive and didn't get stuck my Parker last year either but he can't be trusted when it comes down to it with his attitude

• Dislike

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
You're going with a guy that's cost you team points in how many matches in a row and a terrible track record in March? Lol I honestly thought you understood the sport so I hope you're just trolling.

Desanto is a fine wrestler. He didn't get pinned by Gomez which was impressive and didn't get stuck my Parker last year either but he can't be trusted when it comes down to it with his attitude

You're funny. I do think AG will bounce back, good wrestler for sure. Plenty of time for him to climb back up.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I don't really follow wrestling. Are we good this year? Is the expectation for Dresser to have us competing for a national championship in the next few years?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I don't really follow wrestling. Are we good this year? Is the expectation for Dresser to have us competing for a national championship in the next few years?

Lost to Iowa by 1 point or 1-2 inches. Gomez had desanto a sliver from being stuck and winning. We are young and looking for a top 15 type finish this year and then looking for top five 1-2 years after that. We are still a ways from competing for a natty though.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

KD has the program moving in a good direction. Next few years? No. But he's got a good thing going and will make ISU a relevant program again.

Reactions: CloneGuy8

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
KD has the program moving in a good direction. Next few years? No. But he's got a good thing going and will make ISU a relevant program again.
So is Penn State still the big dog everyone is chasing, or has that changed?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
@Gonzo what are your thoughts on Brands continuing to duck opponents?

Would've loved to see Lee and Young go. Rivera's actually lucky he didn't given the way Perez stuck with him most of the match. If guys aren't at 100% makes sense to hold them out of matches with top guys in duals that are basically meaningless. For the elite programs and elite guys it's all about March so I'll trust the coaches to do what's best to position the guys for B1Gs and nationals. I'm guessing Young was held out because of how ****** an effort he put up on Friday. At least I'm hoping he was. And like Rivera, Deakin didn't look great against our backup. To think Brands/Lee are afraid is kind of cute.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Would've loved to see Lee and Young go. Rivera's actually lucky he didn't given the way Perez stuck with him most of the match. If guys aren't at 100% makes sense to hold them out of matches with top guys in duals that are basically meaningless. For the elite programs and elite guys it's all about March so I'll trust the coaches to do what's best to position the guys for B1Gs and nationals. I'm guessing Young was held out because of how ****** an effort he put up on Friday. At least I'm hoping he was. And like Rivera, Deakin didn't look great against our backup. To think Brands/Lee are afraid is kind of cute.

What's wrong with Lee and Young that they aren't 100%?

• Dislike

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
What's wrong with Lee and Young that they aren't 100%?

Haven't heard anything about Young's health, I'd guess he was held out because he showed no guts against Illinois and was being punished. There've been rumblings that Lee hasn't been at 100% all season. I have no insider info other than that but there's no denying he's looked different this season in terms of strength and tank than he did finishing out last season.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Haven't heard anything about Young's health, I'd guess he was held out because he showed no guts against Illinois and was being punished. There've been rumblings that Lee hasn't been at 100% all season. I have no insider info other than that but there's no denying he's looked different this season in terms of strength and tank than he did finishing out last season.

So Young ducked and Lee might be sick? Interesting

• Dislike