*** Official IOWA STATE VS #8 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
WV and Okie St. would be in the bad loss category in Ames.

I don’t disagree. And probably Baylor in Ames. But that’s it. 3 games out of 20 could be considered bad losses.

It’s not a conference where there’s one just incredibly dominant team, but it’s a tough conference top to bottom.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Johnny coached a decent number of top 25 wins at home, but I'm not sure I remember a road win vs. a ranked team, let alone top 10 --- it may have happened, but I'm drawing a blank.

I doubt he had a top 10 win on the road. As fun as we were at home then, we could really stink it up on the road.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Just logged on and need a summary: is prohm a good coach or should he be fired? Is Iowa state gonna win the big 12 or finish last? Asking for a friend.

Yes, according to your friend, you should fired. And yes, ISU will win games in the Big 12 and finish somewhere in the top 5.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
I thought I heard the announcers say Johnnie had the most wins against top 10 teams?

I may have misunderstood when I heard a stat. I thought in some way Prohm was in the lead. Perhaps ny win % vs top 10 rather than total w's?

Though i thought the 3 in a season thing was like crazy given the program history. I don't think there have been that many. Though again, my memory may be failing me.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Johnny coached a decent number of top 25 wins at home, but I'm not sure I remember a road win vs. a ranked team, let alone top 10 --- it may have happened, but I'm drawing a blank.

Johnny's teams were amazingly fun at home, but certainly not road warriors.

It seems to me times were different back then, ISU hadn't been good in BB and just winning at home made people happy. The expectations seem to be much higher now, and reading posts on message boards just amplify that IMO. Exciting win tonight though.

Reactions: cyfamily

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Steve is bad in these games and I'd like to know how many 5 second violations he's gotten.

And a jumper is not the answer on the press break.

To be fair, though, that five seconds was barely 4 seconds. I timed it on replay. Plus NWB released the ball before the ref had extended his arm out for the 5th second. That was plain and simple a ref WANTING to make a call.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
I may have misunderstood when I heard a stat. I thought in some way Prohm was in the lead. Perhaps ny win % vs top 10 rather than total w's?

Though i thought the 3 in a season thing was like crazy given the program history. I don't think there have been that many. Though again, my memory may be failing me.

Did find that in terms if count this W ties him with Fred at 2nd for Ws vs top 10. I'm sure Johnny is 1st. Winning percentage though

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron