Winter Weather 1/18-1/19

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
snku_acc.us_mw.png

Another bullseye on us. I'm getting darn tired of shoveling. Wonder what the record for snow is around here.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Lots of high schools in the SE part of the state moving the scheduled Friday basketball games to tomorrow night.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Just for the record I couldn't hack it in meteorology so I switched out of that. Now I just use what knowledge I do have for other things. 99% of the info I post is from the NWS and reputable media outlets. My username is leftover from when I was still majoring in meteorology.

I've found NWS (NOAA) is by far the most accurate. Old company I worked for had a pilot, he told me that's the service they used for weather for the above reason.

barryb4384

Jun 30, 2006
Well there is your first problem...

That’s my point. I don’t know why people believe those Internet models. I never pay attention to them.But many seem to be disappointed when the snow actually turned out to be much less than those models because thry think they are actual forecasts.

JMA1125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2014
I have to drive from central Iowa to Kansas City and can go either Friday evening or Saturday morning. Which will be better?