Good IPA's?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
This is a good list. The Fulton 300 is fantastic. I forgot about that one. So much Mosaic.

I really like the Sky-Five too. It is different than anything else I've tried and I just can't quite describe how it's different.
That is all of Bauhaus' beer for me, and I love it. Its all just unique enough to be different than the rest, blended with the standard taste of the beers we love haha

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
That is all of Bauhaus' beer for me, and I love it. Its all just unique enough to be different than the rest, blended with the standard taste of the beers we love haha
I love Bauhaus' tap room and they have a couple good beers but I have never been a huge fan of their stuff. I am not saying they are bad or anything I just am not a huge fan. That's why it is so awesome we have so many breweries up here with different styles! Something for everyone.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I love Bauhaus' tap room and they have a couple good beers but I have never been a huge fan of their stuff. I am not saying they are bad or anything I just am not a huge fan. That's why it is so awesome we have so many breweries up here with different styles! Something for everyone.
Their Tap Room is one of the best in the cities imo, and yeah, not everything is for me but most of their stuff I enjoy. That area is also great because you have 5 breweries and a distillery within walking distance of each other, makes for a nice little day of drinking haha

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I know we're getting a little off topic but I've been to a lot of TC breweries. Dangerous Man is my favorite. Great beers and I really like their taproom.
Dangerous Man is awesome. Barrel Theory in St. Paul is also really good.

• Agree

TexCyted

Oct 30, 2018
DFW
There are so many varieties, that we can hardly label a beer as just an IPA anymore. Pay attention to the hop bill, they usually print the variety used on the can/bottle/case. If you do not like the west coast style (cascade hops) then try a different one. The more sessionable ones are heavy on mosiac hops. Citra wil give you the grapefruit flavor. If you can't find one one you like try some ambers or german varieties. Busch Light always works too.

DeVry Cy

Jun 19, 2006
This thread reminded me to look back at my Untappd rankings for some beers that need to make their way back into the fridge/growler. A few that I haven't seen listed:

Thomas Beck Black IPA - Confluence
Fresh Haze - Deschutes
Runoff Red IPA - Odell
Tangerine Express IPA - Stone
Melancholy Black IPA - ShinyTop (Fort Dodge)

scottwv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 18, 2011
Melrose Iowa
This thread reminded me to look back at my Untappd rankings for some beers that need to make their way back into the fridge/growler. A few that I haven't seen listed:

Thomas Beck Black IPA - Confluence
Fresh Haze - Deschutes
Runoff Red IPA - Odell
Tangerine Express IPA - Stone
Melancholy Black IPA - ShinyTop (Fort Dodge)

Nice - been looking for a good black IPA to try. Could never find any as good as I could brew myself.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Based on beer, ambiance, both?

The best time I've had was at Flat Earth. The beer was okay, but that place was rockin!
Beer. The taproom is nice (kinda small) but nothing overly unique. There are definitely cooler taprooms around here but the beer is top notch. Agree on Flat Earth, beer is nothing special but the taproom is cool!

Reactions: Macloney

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Based on beer, ambiance, both?

The best time I've had was at Flat Earth. The beer was okay, but that place was rockin!
Flat Earth's tap room is awesome, and one of the lesser visited ones by the standard "brewery goer". It also doesn't help that you feel like you are driving into an abandoned warehouse murder scene when you first turn into the parking lot hahah. But you're right that place is a lot of fun.

Reactions: Macloney

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Flat Earth's tap room is awesome, and one of the lesser visited ones by the standard "brewery goer", it doesn't help you feel like you are driving into an abandoned warehouse murder scene when you first turn into the parking lot hahah. But you're right that place is a lot of fun.
First time I went there I was so confused. The inside of that place is very unique.

• Agree

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I know we're getting a little off topic but I've been to a lot of TC breweries. Dangerous Man is my favorite. Great beers and I really like their taproom.
Dangerous Man has such a great variety of beer on tap all the time. The tap room is really cool but it is usually a bit overcrowded. One big advantage is the pizza at Young Joni next door is incredible.

I think you like the wheat beer (something I'm starting to come around to) and if you like Belgium style, I'd recommend you try Boom Island. The location is a little sketchy but the beers are really complex. There's also a pole dancing school in an attached building.

• Informative
Reactions: cycloneG

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Dogfish Head 60 Minute (90 Minute if I'm really craving it) - their Flesh and Blood IPA is pretty good as well.

Zoltan IPA by Exlie is pretty easy drinking, as is Founders All Day IPA.