Press Box Question

TDclones

Nov 29, 2006
Some friends of mind and I were talking football and conversation went to stadiums. I love our stadium but have to say our press box is little compared to others within the conference and other power 5 schools. Just curious if anyone knows if there has been any talk about expansion?

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
JP has said that our press box is more than adequate and there are higher priority athletic department projects that are in the pipeline than a new press box. The Student Athlete Performance Center will advance ISU football much greater than a bigger press box.

TDclones

Nov 29, 2006
I have heard it is very crowded up there on game day. Get more room for press, coaches, and donors.

TDclones

Nov 29, 2006
JP has said that our press box is more than adequate and there are higher priority athletic department projects that are in the pipeline than a new press box. The Student Athlete Performance Center will advance ISU football much greater than a bigger press box.
Agreed on the Performance Center and think it is a definite need...no question at all! Just wasn't sure if they were looking at the press box in the future. Thanks!

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I have heard it is very crowded up there on game day. Get more room for press, coaches, and donors.
I say this as someone who has worked in the press box at Jack Trice. it is fine, plus the coaches have their own floor so they don’t bump into the press too often. I’ve never sat on the coaches floor so idk how they are doing with room, but I rather upgrade things for the school and players. I couldn’t care less about my fellow journalists (I Don’t mean this in a bad way, they just aren’t a priority)

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
If someone told JP they would donate 75million for a press box, I think he would have a hard time turning them down.

Reactions: CYCLNST8

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I toured K-States new press box/suites....very well done.

Agree not a priority now....but if we ever do anything I'd expect it to be multiuse space.

Reactions: CYCLNST8

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
ISU needs to replace the press box, not for the working press or coaches, but the ability to make more money though private fan boxes and club seating. That is what is still missing at JTS. It would also give off a big time football look and feel to sell to recruits.
Hopefully a press box with club seating is on the drawing board for the next 5 to 10 year plan.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Probably a lot of “press” that really don’t need to be there