Holgorsen potentially to Houston?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
WV loses a lot this year. As stated above, Holgerson is wearing out his welcome. Hope they turn into Kansas

"Turn into Kansas".....not going to happen since their adjacent to the state of Pennsylvania, where there is a plethora of high school talent looking for a place to go.....

...and remember GO Cyclones

Reactions: IceCyIce

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Please God no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The U deserves a good coach.

I'm going to poke you because I know you like them, but make your case. Miami sits at ground zero for recruits, has plenty of built-in advantages, yet has a very real reputation for being cheap.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: jsb and cyfan21

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I'm going to poke you because I know you like them, but make your case. Miami sits at ground zero for recruits, has plenty of built-in advantages, yet has a very real reputation for being cheap.

It's cheap because it's a private school without a huge alumni base.

My case why Miami deserves a good coach? To me it's simple, it's a talent rich place with dynasty style history in the late 80's. Even some of the not so great coaches in the past few years have still got top talent but they didn't coach it up to a successful product. Recent coaches have tried to use a pro style offense there and it hasn't worked. Miami should be running a offense like Baylor did under Briles, with their talent and that system it would challenge Clemson for the conference year after year.

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
It just seems to me Holgorsen is a bad fit for WVU and probably 80% of P5 schools. He is the perfect big fish in a small pond where his ego goes unchecked as long as he wins.

Holgorsen is a good offensive mind, but he only cares about that side of the ball. He is not a coach that can build a program that will grind out wins by emphasizing defense or special teams. Holgorsen is just another Kingsbury and Kingsbury is young enough and maybe humble enough to learn from his TT experience.

The SN article on UH positioning itself for the Big12 seems too late. IMO the train has left the station on conference realignment for the next 2-3 years. IMO the next round of TV contract negotiations will drive restructure, expansion, contraction or even elimination of conference affiliations.

I don't see how a 5th Texas school adds to the conference tv footprint and Houston is similar to Miami with an NFL team being the whale in that pond and college attendance reflecting it.

I agree regarding realignment. I think the power 5 conferences have found a nice comfort zone.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

ISUTex

May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
It’s not so much about how things look or smell or anything like that in WV it’s the people. Living with a bunch of hill jacks would be terrible. The second hand smoke, the dust from scratch lottery tickets thick in the air, trucks spewing black fumes on purpose, lots of opioid related theft, violence and crime.

So Morgantown is a lot like Southeast Iowa?

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
So would that make Campbell 3rd longest tenure in the Big 12? Wonder how long its been since ISU could say that.

Reactions: cyfan21

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I think this ia a big mistake for WVU if true. Their fanbase may feel ready to move on because they feel like Dana has peaked, but in my opinion the program is at the highest level they can hope to maintain. Life in the B12 isn't what they had 8in the Big East.

I see this a lot like ToE running off Tom Davis back in the day. They ran off consistent success for the dream of the next level, and haven't touched either one since.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I think this ia a big mistake for WVU if true. Their fanbase may feel ready to move on because they feel like Dana has peaked, but in my opinion the program is at the highest level they can hope to maintain. Life in the B12 isn't what they had 8in the Big East.

I see this a lot like ToE running off Tom Davis back in the day. They ran off consistent success for the dream of the next level, and haven't touched either one since.

Oh, they reached the next level,