WBB - Drake @ ISU

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
First time getting on since going to the game. Kind of disgusting how much blue made their way into the building. I have a seat in parquet 109 behind visiting bench so i was surrounded by Drake Blue. Made sure to be extra loud toward the end.

Drake is no joke. They may not lose again until the ncaa tourney in March. Great win for the Twister Sisters today.

Reactions: Buster28

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I don't think she wants to go to a P5 right now. She is the big dog (get the pun) in the Valley and as long as she keeps winning she is an Iowa girl and likes it here in the state. If she were to leave Drake I think she has U of I on her bucket list.

The 300,000 to 400,000 salary that a good P5 program would offer I'm guessing would be a heck of a jump for her. She is already on short lists and another big season for Drake would mean offers.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Big win for ISU. Drake certainly missed Becca Jonas on D and on the boards today.
To hear Baranczyk talk about the Hilton crowd to Drake's supporters after the game (impressed and a little jealous) - I'd bet she'd listen if offered the ISU job in the future...
She is a really great coach.

• Agree
Reactions: gizzsdad

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Guessing she will be long gone from Drake to a P5 by the time Fennelly leaves. Bill might coach into his 70's.
Bill looked surprisingly young after that game. Is he getting younger, is he using anti-aging technology?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Bill looked surprisingly young after that game. Is he getting younger, is he using anti-aging technology?

It's winning and we are off to a good start in what might be a really good season. But, yeah, he's looking pretty good. He's "only" 61 and I say only cause I am 67. If you are too young for Medicare than you're a "kid" to me. I didn't start looking old till I hit 65. ;)

BTW, I don't think coaching ages people like being president does. Some of the four year and eight year POTUS pictures can be pretty shocking. :rolleyes:

Reactions: mitten1975

ISU71

Jan 16, 2013
Nice win today. Once we started playing really hard D things turned around. Lots of Drake fans there today, and sitting in the student section. Wish we could get our crowds back. I think I saw Aubrey Joens at courtside today, wearing an ISU sweater. Not 100 % it was her though. On a side note, Sofija Zivalevich played her 1st game with NDST today, 19 minutes and 7 points. I wish her well.

Also in attendance were Kiley Fuerbach (2020) Lexie Donarski (2020) and Maggie McGraw (2019).

Donarski has a HS team mate being recruited by Drake who was also in attendance, as I understand it.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and BoxsterCy

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
It was probably the ugly sweater.
What I like about Drake and the Valley in general is they play fundamental basketball. Jenny has been good at getting gamers to Drake. They may not impress with the natural athleticism of the P5 players, but they play to win and do it however the need to. Hittner and Dean are good examples. Lizzy Wendell was another. I watched both her and Jonas in high school. Thought then both should`ve got moore attention than the MVC, but they have made the most of it.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
First time getting on since going to the game. Kind of disgusting how much blue made their way into the building. I have a seat in parquet 109 behind visiting bench so i was surrounded by Drake Blue. Made sure to be extra loud toward the end.

Drake is no joke. They may not lose again until the ncaa tourney in March. Great win for the Twister Sisters today.
We were in 109 as well, across the aisle from the loudmouth Drake fan in 106. From his seat it was pretty obvious ISU fouled Drake constantly, an Drake neversomuch as touched a Cyclone.:rolleyes: