EXCLUSIVE: Rob Gray sit down w/ Jamie Pollard on Campbell, CFP & more

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
That was a great read. Jamie is awesome. I love how open and candid he is with us. Between CF and the KXNO shows, we get a lot of content from him.

Maybe other AD's in the country are this way too, but I doubt it.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan4St8

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Guessing it's more of the "inner workings" of Hilton. New ceiling, upgraded concessions, etc.

That isn’t a ‘parallel project’ to the Sports Performance Center, and wouldn’t require regents approval so...plus they already re-did the ceiling.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Heard it involves widening out the outer concourse, more concessions, adding glass to the exterior
Seems like that could facilitate changes to the inner concourse, like suites at some point.
Hilton is already great. Some careful investments could really payoff.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I hope they upgrade Hilton but don't take away what Hilton is. That is the big thing. If you take away what Hilton is, it could mess with the Magic. Just freshen up the place and made it badass

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Heard it involves widening out the outer concourse, more concessions, adding glass to the exterior

That sounds pretty similar to some of the plans they released back when they were looking at building the bball practice facility next to Hilton. Wonder if those old renderings are still floating around.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
That sounds pretty similar to some of the plans they released back when they were looking at building the bball practice facility next to Hilton. Wonder if those old renderings are still floating around.

Back in 2006 when this was a large image.

hilton1.jpg

hilton2.jpg

Reactions: aeroclone

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Best quote in the article, from Jamie:

I wanted to beat Texas as bad as anybody. I did. But I’m ok we lost. And the reason I’m ok we lost is, in some ways, maybe it was happening too fast for us. That the team isn’t where Matt needs it to be and that team needs to keep grinding and the day that they think they’ve arrived is the day we’re about to get our legs taken out from underneath us. We learned at Texas that we’re not at that level yet and we’ve gotta get some more young men in this program and we’ve got guys in the program that gotta work even harder. And our fans, I don’t want our fans to go from the Liberty Bowl to the Sugar Bowl and then when they go back to the Alamo Bowl they turn their nose up at it. So in some ways, we’re gonna get to experience it in the right way, so that when you go to the Sugar Bowl, you actually have a much better appreciation for it.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I took that Texas loss quite well. They were better...that simple. Nothing worse than losing when you know you are the better team. We weren't.

• Agree
Reactions: Dopey

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Best quote in the article, from Jamie:

I wanted to beat Texas as bad as anybody. I did. But I’m ok we lost. And the reason I’m ok we lost is, in some ways, maybe it was happening too fast for us. That the team isn’t where Matt needs it to be and that team needs to keep grinding and the day that they think they’ve arrived is the day we’re about to get our legs taken out from underneath us. We learned at Texas that we’re not at that level yet and we’ve gotta get some more young men in this program and we’ve got guys in the program that gotta work even harder. And our fans, I don’t want our fans to go from the Liberty Bowl to the Sugar Bowl and then when they go back to the Alamo Bowl they turn their nose up at it. So in some ways, we’re gonna get to experience it in the right way, so that when you go to the Sugar Bowl, you actually have a much better appreciation for it.

Yeah...Alamo Bowl in year 3 vs. program history is bad***.