***Official "What to Do on Thursday in S.A." Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I find it funny that I have yet to hear one person say The Alamo was actually worth visiting.

I look at the Alamo like I did Graceland. It'll be cool to see it and say I've been there but it won't be a "Holy **** that's such a cool place".

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
There is nothing Cyclone fans enjoy more than being around other Cyclone fans. Especially at a bowl or basketball tournament. We’d have fun if the bowl game was in Detroit. I plan on soaking it all in. My only concern is finding a place where I can get multiple beers without having to wait in line a half hour to get them.

dsreid

Dec 7, 2007
NW Iowa
I haven't seen it announced anywhere, but the Media section of the Alamo Bowl website has an Iowa State Spirit Rally at 1:30 pm at the Convention Center on Thursday.

There's some other pieces of information on the page so I'll just post it here.
https://www.alamobowl.com/media/media-schedule-information/

I have been wondering this! Why is there no official statements from ISU about this yet??

A LOT of people aren't going to make it to the Pep Rally Wed night..

Hope I can make this one..

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
This may not be popular, and I will say I have only been there twice, but I thought the river walk was highly overrated.

You're wrong here. The walk at Xmas time is pretty badass.

42dbf543474f8fba16c8060dd665a17b.jpg

holiday_lights_with_boat.png

1e065a63ee83d152a831c9df9839dba8.jpg

san-antonio-texas-river-walk-restaurants-christmas-lights-night-panarama-AMJRJH.jpg

• Useful
  • Agree
Reactions: awd4cy and CyCloned

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I don't know why I click on these threads. I can't go to the bowl game and it just makes me want to open punch a kitten even more.
Why punch a kitten when you can box a clown?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Alamo is worth the time.

We are going to be at the Marriott, so it will be a short walk. I was thinking about getting the audio tour. Just wonder if anyone else has done this. Looks like you get a walkie-talkie sound device and wonder around.

Also thinking about the haunted house tour, but that is quite a walk.

Got some package information from Anthony travel today. They had some party meal thing at the Marriott, but the tickets were $275 a person. Way out of my price range.

IAC1858

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2008
Ankeny, IA
I've typed up a list of all the events, official or not, that I have seen posted somewhere over the last few days. These are the events that fans can attend. Let me know if there are any errors that I am including in the list or if I am missing any events that should be added. I will update and repost as I see new items pop up.

The number in the parentheses is the cost it is to attend the event.

Campbell, Kempt, Montgomery, Lima, Peavy will be available to the media at the Kickoff Luncheon. I don't know if they will be the only team members involved.

Attachments

• Alamo Bowl Events 12:11:18.pdf
    68.4 KB · Views: 68

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I find it funny that I have yet to hear one person say The Alamo was actually worth visiting.

I would say that it is worth visiting the Alamo. It is a major thing to see. But it just doesn't take that long. I consider that a bonus feature. Plus, it is so close to the Riverwalk hotels.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I have heard that the band is going to be taking part in something like this.

Reactions: dunar