Random Thoughts XII - This Thread Delivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I don’t know man. It’s all looking up for Pants. Probably making a run for political office in the near future. You know, really put this country in my iron grasp.

I'd tell you that I believe in you...but I'm not sure that's all that important compared to you believing in you. Just recently stumbled across your address ripped off the island CD that you sent waaay back inna day. The couple that got married now has triplets.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I'd tell you that I believe in you...but I'm not sure that's all that important compared to you believing in you. Just recently stumbled across your address ripped off the island CD that you sent waaay back inna day. The couple that got married now has triplets.

Looks like I dodged a bullet there!

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I find myself getting off grid more often.....I am probably about 2 years from Marlon Brando Tahiti type stuff. Maybe he went there to escape law...I don't know.
Anyway, really looking forward to the Chinese dark side of the moon expedition to blow your minds. Freaking aliens confirmed. I hope aliens are less boring than most people from West Des Moines.
I wouldn't be too hopeful. Living on the dark side of the moon, they probably don't even have access to CF.

Reactions: dirtyninety

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
New....nothing much of significance...little00 has glasses now, littlest00 is in school. Mrs00 still cuts a fine figure in yoga pants.

Congrats to CG, Erik and Strunk, I think the last I was in, Pants was up by Boxy.

Ahh...I don't know that I could summarize all the little stuff that adds up with something less than a novel...and I don't know if I've said anything along these lines in previous stop-ins, but...

I'm sure I've said something to offend most everyone at some point or another. I'm sure that I also stood on doing that by my beliefs, or on 'just joking'. I'm probably more entrenched in my beliefs than ever, but I'm also realizing that a big part of the problem is that we keep splitting up into 'us' and 'them'...when there should just be 'us'...but that's just as hard...

For what I've done to hurt any of y'all, I apologize. I could talk more about what I think we need to do as a society to get better, but we're not going to fix it here. I just want you guys to know that I regret my participation in the division, and that there are none of you that I don't appreciate.

I prolly won't be around long, but just know that I still think of you all regularly.
Good to hear from you. We're not too sensitive in here (at least I hope not) so I don't think any of us are offended by anything. Mostly, we just miss your sense of humor.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Late to the party, but last year the vixen talked 4 of the 5 daughters to come out at Christmas. Said it wouldn't be too long, and Gramma and Grampa won't be around to share with anymore. So - we had them all at our house, grandkids too. (Alana had to work over Christmas at the hospital, so couldn't come. :()

It was a noisy mess.....and an absolute blessing. Lots of food, laughing, broken ornaments, and yours truly even sang a solo at church on Christmas Eve. At the end of the night we all listened to "Silent Night" by Mannheim Steamroller, and there weren't many dry eyes in the room.

Christmas Eve supper, BTW, is always the old traditional chili and oyster stew. That's what the vixen's Mom makes, and that's we get. (My Dad would approve, were he still around!)

Status
Not open for further replies.