Haliburton Breaks Heft's Assist Record

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I read that as Haliburton Breaks Hand...damn.

• Agree
Reactions: ianoconnor

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Glad that MBB allows freshmen to give interviews! TH is very thoughtful and articulate. I could see him becoming a real crowd favorite because of the way he interacts with the press and public.

^ This.

I love some of the players we have had recently and listening to some of them has been a pleasure. God lord, if someone had stuck a mic in front of me when I was their age I would have sounded like an idiot. These kids really impress me.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Good thing we have twitter and other social media showing the record breaking performance tonight so the students could see it. Kudos to the 250 students that actually showed up to see it in person.
Finals start tomorrow. And the non-student crowd wasn't capacity either. So how about we not start in on the students in a thread celebrating a student???

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Finals start tomorrow. And the non-student crowd wasn't capacity either. So how about we not start in on the students in a thread celebrating a student???

3 pages in is about time to derail :). Besides the Mizzou game I'd be willing to bet the student section has the lowest % of filled seats of any section. Good thing the band is there to triple the attendance on the west side.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
3 pages in is about time to derail :). Besides the Mizzou game I'd be willing to bet the student section has the lowest % of filled seats of any section. Good thing the band is there to triple the attendance on the west side.
No, their numbers weren't all that bad on the other games. Tonight was the first game I noticed a real drop in numbers. :(

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Besides Mizzou, which they weren’t even good, we haven’t played a decent team at Hilton yet. I don’t ever remember a time we had a packed house for a low major opponent the Sunday before finals. Don’t worry conference play is almost here.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
No, their numbers weren't all that bad on the other games. Tonight was the first game I noticed a real drop in numbers. :(

I'd disagree with that, but let's un-derail.

Haliburton has it. He's the easiest guy to move to the bench because he has such a good attitude. However, he leads the team in MP, 3Pt made, 3 Pt %, FG%, eFg%, assists, and steals. He is 2nd in blocks. It'll be interesting to see if tonight gives him even more confidence to be more aggressive on offense.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
To me, Haliburton reminds me of Lonzo Ball, tall PG with awkward looking jump shot but highly effective
Thays my comparison too. I think Haliburton has the ability to have the elite passing skills Lonzo has as well. Honestly he is not that far off.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
TH reminds me a bit like Steve Urkel of "Family Matters" fame..."Did I do that?" Great young man.
images
upload_2018-12-10_4-25-6.jpeg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron